.250 Savage 67gr Shock Hammer Load Question

Mrhounddog

Hey All,
I am about to start working up a load using the Hammer Bullets 67gr Shock Hammer. Do any of y'all have a recommendation for a load? Right now, I have Varget, H4895, and CFE 223 for powder choices. If you have any experience with this bullet, what are the nodes you see?

Thanks

Hey All,
I am about to start working up a load using the Hammer Bullets 67gr Shock Hammer. Do any of y'all have a recommendation for a load? Right now, I have Varget, H4895, and CFE 223 for powder choices. If you have any experience with this bullet, what are the nodes you see?

Thanks
Any of those may work fine. I've not tried that bullet but I do shoot 75 and 81 gr hammers is my 250AI and the faster powders seem to do better IME. I also had really good accuracy and and numbers with IMR-3031. CFE 223 didnt shoot all that well in mine.

Good to know about CFE 223. It looks like it can give blistering speeds, but speed is not all (blasphemy to some, I know). I think I am going to start with Varget.

I am working on testing IMR-4166 and IMR-8208 in my 250ai with 81 gr SH. 4166 which is very close to Varget tested great in earlier test so I think you are starting off in a good place.