25 souper / 25-08

Actually no it does not.

I stand corrected. My first statement was based off of midwayusa that states .429 BC for the 115 tsx. The Barnes website only lists the 115 tsx at .335.
Definitely indicates Barnes is a poor choice for high BC's in 25 caliber.

I stand corrected. My first statement was based off of midwayusa that states .429 BC for the 115 tsx. The Barnes website only lists the 115 tsx at .335.

The 25 cal definelty lacks in the BC department . But small fast bullets kill really well on deer size game. I shot my WT this year with my 7-08 at 275yrd and the 120ttsx went clean thru and the buck never took a step. I really expected to recover the bullet at that distance.

I guess what I can't figure out is why the Barnes needs a 1 in 9 twist to stabilize it with a BC at .335 when every other major manufacturer makes 25 cal. bullet over 115 grains that stabilizes in a 1 in 10 twist and exceeds Barnes BC significantly.

Oh well I'll stick with my Bergers at .483.

My apologies to the OP for getting off topic. I promise to stop discussing BC And bullet brands on his post about the 25 souper.

Not necessarily. All Barnes bullets have the same ogive radius. The shanks are longer or shorter to end up at a given weight with relief grooves cut. The relief groove affect BC also.

On top of this , not all manufactures are accurate with their BC numbers.

Since I have all four: 250, 250AI, 25:06, and 25:06AI - I can say with certainty that the 250AI will not duplicate the 25:06 but it will duplicate the 257 Roberts. I do agree that the 250's are a joy to shoot and are vastly underrated. I've considered the Souper but would rather focus on something I'm not duplicating. Good luck with whatever you do. It's all fun!

Unless you absolutely need a 25 cal why wouldn't you just get a 7-08 and shoot the 110ttsx or 120 ttsx ? I have a finnlite with a 20.5" bbl that shoots the 120 ttsx at 3200fps. The small 7mm bullets would have a better bc then the 25 cal bullets.
I know this is old, but 7-08 120 ttsx dont have higher BC's than many 115/120 .257 bullets. ??

Its a poor choice for BC in any caliber!

I have a 25 Souper AI. I also would recommend a faster twist rate barrel like 1:8. I built this about the time the Creedmoor craze was happening. I decided to go with a faster twist rate in hopes 25 cal bullets would be made longer i.e. have higher BC and now they are starting to make them. Brass is easy to obtain, too.

I also have a 257 Roberts AI. slow twist. I get slightly higher velocity with this round. But it's much harder for me to find good brass. While I like Lapua I don't use them for every cartridge I reload for. They tend to be thicker which means I have to inside neck-ream the 7 x 57 brass.

BC means almost nothing at ranges under 500 yards. For hunting, many many more animals killed at less than 500 than beyond. Regardless if this is a LR hunting forum or not, 400-500 yards is still LR to most.
Exactly, I was just correcting the Barnes BC thing.