25 SHERMAN (THE LATEST LASER)

The 257 Wby mag is pretty close to the capacity of the 300 PRC but I think it edges it out by 4-5 grains case capacity. I think. Could be wrong tho. The 30 Sherman which is an improved 300 PRC does have more case capacity. The standard 300 PRC I believe is slightly less than the 257 Wby

The 300 prc is the same from bolt face to neck/shoulder junction as the 300 win mag. But the case is fatter with only .015 taper. The 257 is a bit shorter with smaller diameter. I don,t understand where you are getting your dope. The PRC is basically a shortened 300 weatherby in capacity. Also the 375 ruger is basically the same capacity and power as the 375 weatherby. I am not going to waste any more time on this. The 264/7rem mag has a bit more capacity than the 257. Hold one next to the other. Not worth arguing about. You are not going to change my mind and by appearances I also am not going to change yours.

The 300 prc is the same from bolt face to neck/shoulder junction as the 300 win mag. But the case is fatter with only .015 taper. The 257 is a bit shorter with smaller diameter. I don,t understand where you are getting your dope. The PRC is basically a shortened 300 weatherby in capacity. Also the 375 ruger is basically the same capacity and power as the 375 weatherby. I am not going to waste any more time on this. The 264/7rem mag has a bit more capacity than the 257. Hold one next to the other. Not worth arguing about. You are not going to change my mind and by appearances I also am not going to change yours.
Don't misunderstand me, I'm definitely not trying to change anyone's mind. This is simply a conversation and obviously my information isn't accurate as I stated I'm not positive on my data. I guess I thought the Weatherby magnum cartridge exceeded the 300 PRC case capacity. Either way, it's no big issue just matter of information inaccuracy. Certainly no conflict. I'm not trying to build the hottest .257 on the planet or I'd probably get into a Wby mag or wildcat. I have tons of 284 parent brass and 6.5-284 brass to work with so my decision is easy. Plenty of performance for my needs.

Case efficiency matters and additional powder capacity in an already overstuffed case has diminishing returns.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm definitely not trying to change anyone's mind. This is simply a conversation and obviously my information isn't accurate as I stated I'm not positive on my data. I guess I thought the Weatherby magnum cartridge exceeded the 300 PRC case capacity. Either way, it's no big issue just matter of information inaccuracy. Certainly no conflict. I'm not trying to build the hottest .257 on the planet or I'd probably get into a Wby mag or wildcat. I have tons of 284 parent brass and 6.5-284 brass to work with so my decision is easy. Plenty of performance for my needs.
Your 25/284 should be very similar to a 25/06. Not a bad place to be.

I have a 25-06 with a 7.5 twist 26" barrel that shoots the Blackjack 131gr ACE at just under 3200 fps. Extremely accurate. Shot a 5 shot group under 4" at 925 yards.

Recent Posts