25 creedmoor with 115 Berger & 110 eldx

I've got a buddy who's a 1/4 bore fanatic. Him & his son are interested in a 25 creedmoor. He's already got a 6.5 creedmoor that he shoots 130gr bullets from and a 22 creedmoor. This is going to be a light rifle for whitetail & coyotes for treestand and some stalking with shots rarely to 400 yards. He wants less recoil than the 6.5 creedmoor with 130s and he just likes 25 cals. So I'm thinking a 9 twist thats geared towards the 115 Berger or possibly a 110 eldx with a few other choices for bullets in that weight range. Now he's got several 25-06 rifles dedicated to shooting 80-100 gr bullets in 10 twist & he's wanting something different, so I completely understand that. Has anyone out there ran the 115 vld or 110 eldx in a 25 creedmoor? I'm sure there's some folks who's ran it in a 257 Roberts.
I ran the old nosler solid base 117 grain bullet out of a 25-06 which shot great out to 400 yards. Anything in that 110-120 grain range should shoot great. Even better in a 9 twist. Not sure he needs a different rifle to accomplish the heavier bullets but if we only got a new gun when we needed it our gun safes would never fill up and we could get by with 2-3 rifles. Sounds like a fun gun.

I ran the old nosler solid base 117 grain bullet out of a 25-06 which shot great out to 400 yards. Anything in that 110-120 grain range should shoot great. Even better in a 9 twist. Not sure he needs a different rifle to accomplish the heavier bullets but if we only got a new gun when we needed it our gun safes would never fill up and we could get by with 2-3 rifles. Sounds like a fun gun.
He Loves 25 cals. I thought I had a problem 7mms but I think hes got more 25s than I do 7mms

I sure love my 250AI 22" 10 twist barrel, currently shooting 110 grain Accubonds at 3025 FPS under .5 MOA. Great whitetail load. Working on loads with the 110 Hornady ELDX which appear to shoot even faster and tighter groups.
Keep us updated.

God I'd be hard pressed not to go with a 1:7 twist as well! If you ever wanted to step into the hammers or blackjacks you could. I'd lean more on a lighter hammer bullet then the 115 bergers personally.

that said my 25 creed is running the 131's at 2890fps with an sd of 5.8 for 10rds if I recall. Extremely pleasant to shoot. Quickly become my favourite rifle. I had them at 2970fps but it was hard on the brass and just wasn't as good at around 10.7 I believe.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.