25 CM/131 Blackjacks

I wouldn't touch anything on that. I never hit those speeds ever in any of my dozen or so 257bees. I shoot the 110 Bibb that has a .520 bc in mine. I run them at 3450 but I might try some rl26 in it and see if it will get more nasty. Yeah the kills are nothing short of spectacular with the 257bee.
Shep

I agree. I love my 257 Wby for whitetail and similar size game, the killing speed is nothing short of spectacular. I currently run 115 Bergers at 3600 in a 26" Krieger tube. I won't share load data because it's well above book but it's safe in my gun. It also blows through 3/8" AR500 like butter at 200 yards. I digress.

This gun shoots genuine 5 shot groups in the .2s so I'm hesitant to change anything but I really want to spin up a fast twist barrel and run the higher BC Blackjack bullets. I just hate to mess with it since it shoots so well.

Why change a good thing? Just build a new one and compare! 😆

Ar 500 steel has a weakness. Speed. Seems like real fast bullets go through it pretty easy. Looks like a drilled hole. My first experience with bullets going through it was a 300 rum.
My cousin worked for a company that built the armor for humvees and the steel they used took a 50 cal 3 shots to penetrate. I showed him how the 300 rum went right through and he was amazed. I never shot mine with the 257 but I'm sure it does goes right on through. 7 mag had no problem going through it with 140 gn bullets.
Shep

Ar 500 steel has a weakness. Speed. Seems like real fast bullets go through it pretty easy. Looks like a drilled hole. My first experience with bullets going through it was a 300 rum.
My cousin worked for a company that built the armor for humvees and the steel they used took a 50 cal 3 shots to penetrate. I showed him how the 300 rum went right through and he was amazed. I never shot mine with the 257 but I'm sure it does goes right on through. 7 mag had no problem going through it with 140 gn bullets.
Shep

To an extent I agree but you still have to have decent mass to go through as well. I shot the same plate with my 22-250AI with m193 ball Ammo (fire forming) at 3700'ish and it didn't penetrate. It cratered it pretty good but did not penetrate.

I called it improved for lack of a better term. I simply ran a 25 CM reamer in an extra .100 and since a 260 is about .100 longer than a CM it fire-formed perfectly. It is more like a 260 AI but i can use my 25 CM dies.
I like the long creed principle. But the creed chamber neck is 0.295 long, and the 260 neck is only 260k long. You'll just never trim the case? Also, the bottom 0.100 of the case is not getting sized I take it? I really like the idea honestly. From the rifle pic, are you running a long action magazine? I have a Tikka t3x standard bolt face, and a 26" carbon rock creek 7tw 25 cal barrel. This case should surely get the bullet to the 3050-3070 fps node w/ rl26. I'm worried not getting the bottom of the case sized properly will lead to clickers on primary extraction rather quickly though. A guy'd almost have to take a 25cm die and cut the shoulder off to size the bottom w/o bumping shoulder on brass.

Last edited:
So the bottom 0.100 of the case is not getting sized intake it? I really like the idea honestly. From the rifle pic, are you running a long action magazine? I have a Tikka t3x standard bolt face, and a 26" carbon rock creek 7tw 25 cal barrel. This case should surely get the bullet to the 3050-3070 fps node w/ rl26. I'm worried not getting the bottom of the case sized properly will lead to clickers on primary extraction rather quickly though. A guy'd almost have to take a 25cm die and cut the shoulder off to size the bottom w/o bumping shoulder on brass.
It is much like setting up the 338 RUM dies to to size a 338 EDGE. I have been doing that for years with no problems. Using premium brass should limit concerns. It is a long action and I stopped at 3050 with no problems.

It is much like setting up the 338 RUM dies to to size a 338 EDGE. I have been doing that for years with no problems. Using premium brass should limit concerns. It is a long action and I stopped at 3050 with no problems.
Hmmm I figured all 338 edge guys ran a 300 rum die with the neck opened up to 338. How many firings you have on brass? Using Peterson Alpha or Lapua? Thanks for the info.

I have used several brands over the years but currently running Norma 300 ultra mag brass. I only have 3 firings on them but no issues.

All you guys who have tried this bullet have anyone had it not shoot good. I hate to invest in a barrel and reamer and dies and only have one bullet to choose from.
Shep
I've been shooting them since they came out. They are very accurate. Also sounds like Berger, Hornady and Nosler will have out some new high BC .257 bullets soon.

Super stoked
IMG_20201026_165055.jpg

Recent Posts