.25 cal question

I m not putting a 243 down, it's just not for me. Part of the problems I had was bullet choice. Figured if I stepped up from a 223 to a 243 I could take body shots,but every one that had any size ran off if I took a body shot.Went back to head shots with a 223. I 've also shot some 243s that kicked just as much as some 25/06s. But to each their own. I still think it's a good little round and have considered getting another since I have dies,lots of brass and bullets.

I do not see this happenning. They would have to introduce new 257 cal cartridge for using heavier bullets, 120-130s with bc over 600, but you would need a large twist.
The .25-06 AI 40º will probably be pushing the 131's in the 3200 FPS range... You can buy dies and reamers for it right now.

Love mine. Extremely fun to shoot.
It's been done by Jim Carmichael and another Gentleman. It's call a 25 Cheetah. They did a whole set of Cheetahs made from Remington BR Brass, which had a small primer.
I had a 22 Cheetah that was awesome. 4150 fps with a 55 gr. Bullet.

Last edited:
Thank you. Thouble is the rifles have not enough twist. The Weatherby have 1 : 12 twist, which mey not be enough to stabilize your bullets.
Definitely not going to work in 1:12". Just physics. High performance 25 Cal takes equipment adjustments but in the next year or so 1:7 and 1:8 are not going to be "new" anymore.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.