25 cal build

I'd go the 257 weatherby too…I really liked the idea of the 25/7mm blaser —but with all the components unavailable and all the crap that has been going on since China Joe's been in office. I'll stick to something I can get my hands on a bit easier
I built the 257/7blaser. The norma brass is soft. I can run the 135 bergers up to about 3350 before any psi signs using Retumbo and N568. I was hoping for low 3400s especially with the 28" barrel. If I did it again, I'd do a 7mag necked to 25 w/ adg brass or adg 7lrm necked down. Will not build any more rifles unless I can utilize lapua/adg/peterson brass.

This thread got me thinking...has anyone built a 25/6.5 Weatherby RPM? Magnum 25 cal performance in a standard bolt face?

Edit: Should run with the 25 PRC/Saum class, but in a standard bolt face?

Last edited:
Koonazz andI have thought about it too and actually stared to do it 3 times but talked ourselves out of it, a lot of money for minimal gain, But it does have the cool factor

Yeah, the only point would be to utilize an action with a standard bolt face. I was thinking it may be a good option for someone wanting to do a switch barrel and pair a 25/6.5 RPM with something like a 22 creedmoor, 308 win, or such.

Koonazz andI have thought about it too and actually stared to do it 3 times but talked ourselves out of it, a lot of money for minimal gain, But it does have the cool factor
If it was a purpose built rifle like the Weatherby backcountry, it's not the minimal gain, it's the loss...of weight. A 5 pound almost 257Bee would be hard to beat as a sheep gun.

If it was a purpose built rifle like the Weatherby backcountry, it's not the minimal gain, it's the loss...of weight. A 5 pound almost 257Bee would be hard to beat as a sheep gun.

I agree!

Could you just simply use a bushing die to neck brass down? Not sure about other parts of the country, but around here my local gun stores have 6.5 RPM brass and dies on the shelves all the time. I think since it isn't as popular it stays on the shelves longer..... but maybe that's a bad thing for the cartridge in the long run.

d7882f88-6bc9-4fc1-b9db-0feb3d70ba8e-jpeg.232848

I agree!

Could you just simply use a bushing die to neck brass down? Not sure about other parts of the country, but around here my local gun stores have 6.5 RPM brass and dies on the shelves all the time. I think since it isn't as popular it stays on the shelves longer..... but maybe that's a bad thing for the cartridge in the long run.
Yes you should be able too use a 6.5RPM bushing die too neck down example I use 6.5 -284 bushing dies for my 25-284 and improvise 284 win comp seat die for .00 run out for seating

Recent Posts