25 Cal Bergers

Firecat

Does anyone know when some .25 caliber 115 grain Berger Hunting Bullets are going to be available? Seems like they have been unavailable for a long time.

Shoot all you want, we'll make more. :) I all seriousness, the 25 cal bullets were out of stock for a while but we made a large run about a month ago. We are nearly out of stock from this run but have plenty of jackets to make more. There is another run already on the schedule. Bottom line is we won't be running out of these bullets any time soon.

Regards,
Eric

Thanks for the link. I also need a few boxes.

For Eric I just have to ask: Have you made any changes in the most recent 115 hunting VLDs compared to ones made a few years ago? I finally ran out recently and want to know if they have been changed in any way.

Thanks

Ross

Ross,

We've made no deliberate changes. What I mean is that the design and material components have not been changed. Every die we use eventually wears out. When we switch to a new die there can be slight differences that are the result of the bullet die making process (using EDM).

These differences are slight but you may find that you need to make tuning tweaks to get the latest lot to shoot. These changes will be slight and I suggest that you start with whatever worked before since you may not need to make any changes at all.

Regards,
Eric

i could only find one box the other day @ a local sporting good store. But they had bergers in everything else! This is about the only place around to get reloading stuff and they have plenty... just not many .25 cals

I just checked our shelf and confirmed that we have these bullets in stock. If you give me the name of the shop you're referring to we'll pass this fact along to them.

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:
Eric, seems like MidwayUSA has been out of the 115 Hunting VLD's for around six months. I have checked in with them regularly and they have always said "out of stock, backorder ok".

I'll be contacting them today. In the past two months we've shipped them over 30,000 25 cal 115 gr Hunting VLD and they have none on order now so I'd expect them to have some in stock. If they are out again I'm sure that this will be resolved soon as we have more available and will be making another run before the end of the month.

Regards,
Eric

P.S. The person we dealer with is out of the office today but we will get this resolved as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.