.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets

sable tireur

I had to go back several pages in order to check if there was any news regarding these bullets and barrels. No news, no words. I do NOT want to appear to be the bad guy in all of this but...

Apparently we could consider ourselves to be a part of the Board of Directors since we have made an investment in the company but received no compensation. Updates would be a big plus for most of us even though we've skated past a couple of deadlines already. No I am not on Facebook and never will be so don't bother suggesting.

Does anyone know anything about either the bullets or the barrels?

Thank you for any information I may have missed.

I wont use Facebook either. not sure if the bullets even shipped yet. had high hopes but not to sure right now and am glad I didn't jump to quick and waited for more reviews

Their last Facebook post was August 24th about a 25x284 being put together...I think they are still around, maybe just busy making bullets instead of posting a lot...hopefully.

Their last Facebook post was August 24th about a 25x284 being put together...I think they are still around, maybe just busy making bullets instead of posting a lot...hopefully.

Well...this puts any of my quarter bore builds on hold...so where is the owner of Blackjack on this? I would think if things are in the works he would respond to this thread...

@257 Blackjack

@Dollarhyde

Last edited:
I have a reamer print for one of those except I called it a 264-257 Weatherby.

What I got from Pac-Nor was actually called 6.5 - 257Wby. I am just going to neck down 270Wby brass because I have a ton of it...

The 6.5-257 WBY is an excellent cartridge even with the heavy caliber bullets. Easy to build, easy to work up loads for and easy to shoot.

The 6.5-257 WBY is an excellent cartridge even with the heavy caliber bullets. Easy to build, easy to work up loads for and easy to shoot.
I had intended to build one, thats why I have the reamer print. The closer I got to ordering the reamer, the more I felt like I was violating the 264 Winchester Mag so I decided to do something different.

Thread hijack!

I got in on the end of the ARC Nucleus action group buy for $800. Still waiting... Standard 257/270/7mm Wby Mark V actions can only accommodate about 3.4" COAL. My 270 Wby can push 170 Bergers over 3225fps 3.5" COAL in a Mausingfield action. I am hoping to get the 6.5mm 150s to close to 3400fps or more... It will be wild what the 6.5mm 140s can be pushed to...My 270Wby 28" barrel pushes the 140 SSTs to over 3600fps...

If Blackjack ever delivers a .25 heavy...I may even try a 257Wby in a fast twist...

Now we are back on topic...:)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.