.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

What are you guys finding with using the lighter bullets in the faster twist barrels ? For example say the 115 berger in a 7.5 twist barrel at 3200+ fps. Churns up some rpms so curious about jacket failure
I shot 100gr Nosler ballistic tips out of my 25SST at 3570fps out of a box of 100 all stayed together but one. Ran them up to 3800 and they held together. It's a rock creek slight gain twist 1-7.25-1-7.12 I shot 100lb hog facing me with one. Entrance was in the shoulder about 2.5-3" hole, exit was out the stomach, was just about volley ball sized.

I've ran 67gr sledge hammers up to 4300fps and they held together. A friend and my self shot various cartridges at milk jugs from about 75yds the other day. The 67gr had the most violet impact easily. It's the only time I've ever seen a milk jug separate in half right down the middle. The biggest cartridge shot was my 30Sherman Mag. The 67gr hit was high center since the gun wasn't zeroed for that bullet but still split the jug down the middle and separated it into 2 main pieces We shot a jug with a 90gr absolute hammer as well at 3780.
Initially it seems light solids for caliber are good to go in fast twist at least with hammers. My 25SST has a high round count and the 67gr Sh's are still staying together. But as always results from barrel to barrel may vary. Different Bbl makers will have different bore dimensions as well as some rifling types being harder on jackets

I shot 100gr Nosler ballistic tips out of my 25SST at 3570fps out of a box of 100 all stayed together but one. Ran them up to 3800 and they held together. It's a rock creek slight gain twist 1-7.25-1-7.12 I shot 100lb hog facing me with one. Entrance was in the shoulder about 2.5-3" hole, exit was out the stomach, was just about volley ball sized.

I've ran 67gr sledge hammers up to 4300fps and they held together. A friend and my self shot various cartridges at milk jugs from about 75yds the other day. The 67gr had the most violet impact easily. It's the only time I've ever seen a milk jug separate in half right down the middle. The biggest cartridge shot was my 30Sherman Mag. The 67gr hit was high center since the gun wasn't zeroed for that bullet but still split the jug down the middle and separated it into 2 main pieces We shot a jug with a 90gr absolute hammer as well at 3780.
Initially it seems light solids for caliber are good to go in fast twist at least with hammers. My 25SST has a high round count and the 67gr Sh's are still staying together. But as always results from barrel to barrel may vary. Different Bbl makers will have different bore dimensions as well as some rifling types being harder on jackets
Excellent experience information. Thank you for the play by play. My confidence just jumped a ton. Never gonna shoot bullets under 110 grains. My 7.5 twist 5R barrel should do fine. I'll run the lighter bullets a bit slower anyway as they'd be used for much closer range deer hunts.

I have 50 Cayuga 117s (https://patriotvalleyarms.com/flm-257-117gr-cayuga-hunting-bullets-50ct/) coming my way to try until I can get a hold of 133 Bergers for an upcoming project build.

Ed
Just got them tonight ...

Cayuga 117 1 of 2.jpg

Cayuga 117 2 of 2.jpg

My sons and I have been shooting my 25-06 AI for awhile now and have been impressed with these 131 blackjacks. I actually had this barrel made for my tikka awhile ago and couldn't find the bullets so when it did come in stock I make sure I had enough and a little more just in case. I've never seen them in stock again since then. I let go just over 600 pcs to members to help hold them over and it seems like they won't be made till ending of the year or worst in early 2022.
Anyways I've made one load that shot under 1/2" @ 3160 FPS that settled in at 3198 FPS so I left it. I couldn't find any blackjack info for a 25-06 AI so I will be making a thread to help others in the same boat or curious in making one with a load ladder and load development with several powders. There are many other cartridges that are faster, better, with better brass and what have you but finding components to make a 25-06 AI has been fairly easy well except the blackjacks but hopefully it will ease up in the future. My rifle has been easy to shoot, hits like a hammer and has kills on sheep, goats, deer, pigs and wild cattle. I've shot elk before and I must say these big wild cattle closely resemble them structurally. I was surprised how this little bullet kills them instantly from close to far, penetrates deep even on quartering shots. My sons and I have not lost one yet or have any run farther than 100 yds. A 257 wby is next for load development and I hope to get 200 FPS or more over the AI. I've got a bunch of 270 wby brass I will be using.
I'm shooting 257Bee with 67.3 Retumbo 131 BJ, 26" Bartlein 7.5 twist, velocity is just under 3400 and .25" at 100 Yds and just over an inch at 500 Yds on a still day. Took 2 white tail doe in the extra season in TX both head shots and not much head left on either one. 1@ 150 Yds the other just over 200Yds. You will be very happy with the 257.

I'm shooting 257Bee with 67.3 Retumbo 131 BJ, 26" Bartlein 7.5 twist, velocity is just under 3400 and .25" at 100 Yds and just over an inch at 500 Yds on a still day. Took 2 white tail doe in the extra season in TX both head shots and not much head left on either one. 1@ 150 Yds the other just over 200Yds. You will be very happy with the 257.
Did you use the BJ Reamer or the standard freebore reamer?

Thanks Dave

The Hammers better stay together! There is not jacket to separate, they are a monolithic solid.

Agreed, I was referring to jacketed bullets when speaking on various rifling options. But still with the very large open tips on the sledge hammers. I was discussing the possibility of them coming apart past 4200fps with Steve before running them. Especially with my first experience running large open tips solids at 434,000 rpms suppressed. I didn't want to risk destroying my can so I tested them with a brake at first.