.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

Are you using stock Wby freebore on the 257 Wby chambers? If not...what is the length of your recommended throat?

Thanks...
Their website has reamers for sale and shows the freebore for various cartridges. Their 257 Weatherby reamer is listed with a .131" freebore.

Their website has reamers for sale and shows the freebore for various cartridges. Their 257 Weatherby reamer is listed with a .131" freebore.

Dang, that seems short...with Wby freebore being about .357"...but Blackjack knows what he is doing...

Thanks...

The free bore may appear short, but the bullets have a very short bearing surface and very long nose. If you had factory wby free bore, the jump would be enormous. .131 free on their reamers puts the bullets right where they need to be

The free bore may appear short, but the bullets have a very short bearing surface and very long nose. If you had factory wby free bore, the jump would be enormous. .131 free on their reamers puts the bullets right where they need to be
What is the length of the bearing surface?

Are you using stock Wby freebore on the 257 Wby chambers? If not...what is the length of your recommended throat?

Thanks...

This reamer is setup to work with some of the mag-fed rifles and will work just fine in a BDL style as well. In a true Weatherby Accumark the rounds will need to be loaded 0.020" short of ideal for extraction of loaded rounds, but rebarrelling an accurmark is not as common as a custom build for guys who want what they want.

Part of the Freebore consideration is that 0.131" FB will work great for magfed rifles, but it also allows for customers to use or request a throating reamer operation to set what they wnat or what fits best for their rifle. You can't go the other way with an excessive freebore reamer since the material is in chips on a shop floor.

https://blackjackbullets.com/produc...lot-0-131-freebore-0-289-neck/?v=7516fd43adaa

Manson 257 WBY 131 FB 289 N RELEASED VERS 1.png

What is the length of the bearing surface?

0.401" BSL is nominal. Comparator measurements will not yield 0.401" of course.

Part of the logic of the 0.131 FB was that it will work great in magazines which many custom rifle build customers utilize these days over BDL and if a customer wants to long-throat it for a certain rig they can easily have the smith throat it out depending on the setup.

You can't un-throat a 0.350 Freebore reamer lol

This reamer is setup to work with some of the mag-fed rifles and will work just fine in a BDL style as well. In a true Weatherby Accumark the rounds will need to be loaded 0.020" short of ideal for extraction of loaded rounds, but rebarrelling an accurmark is not as common as a custom build for guys who want what they want.

https://blackjackbullets.com/produc...lot-0-131-freebore-0-289-neck/?v=7516fd43adaa

View attachment 142535

Thanks for your response...

I have a Mausingfield action and can load to 3.7" + COAL...

So your 257Wby reamer is for the stock Wby rifles that can only load to a max COAL of less than 3.4" ?

So without COAL restrictions on a 257Wby...what would you recommend for the "ideal" freebore"...

Thanks in advance...I have a bag of 500 131s....just deciding how to shoot them...

I've heard a little chatter about it on here but not a whole lot yet, have you guys been using these on deer sized game much? And are you opening the tips beforehand? I picked up 500 to shoot out of my 25sst when I get it built and was gonna do a few expansion tests before I hunt with it to make sure. Thanks.

I've heard a little chatter about it on here but not a whole lot yet, have you guys been using these on deer sized game much? And are you opening the tips beforehand? I picked up 500 to shoot out of my 25sst when I get it built and was gonna do a few expansion tests before I hunt with it to make sure. Thanks.

there's an entire thread on FB in the 25 Creedmoor (and I guess 25X47L, 25SAUM, 25PRC, Basically Fast Twist 25's) page with a lot of hog, deer, and elk harvest pics and even some videos of dropping hogs.

I'll upload some here. No we are not opening the tips up. In short, they kill stuff. How they perform on pigs it's clear they will punch through large mule deer and work very well on elk. They may over-penetrate on coyotes but that's alright for most guys.

coyote.jpg

deer.jpg

hog 2.jpg

hog 3.jpg

hog.jpg

Nice! Thank you for the reply. I got the drift that most of it was on Facebook but I haven't jumped on that bandwagon. I appreciate you adding it here also. I'm chomping at the bit to get this thing built. Finally got word that my barrel should be finished in a week or two. Then it's up to AxisWorks to put it all together.

Hey guys, new to the forum but not new to the .257 issues. Over here in NZ it's challenging to get a fast twist barrel made locally so I really want to get this right. I'm building a .257wsm to shoot these wonderful bullets and would love know if I need to go with a 1:7.5 or can I stretch to a 1:8? Hoping to push these at 3350-3400 from a 26in barrel.
Thanks in advance