.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
I'm done waiting on Blackjack. My new bullet is going to be Berger. I still have 500 BJ 131 bullets but once they are gone, I'm moving on. They and the 500 Berger's I have will get me thru a barrel and the start of a new one. Berger has come thru so I'm good. People need to jump on the Berger band wagon. I'm getting alerts everyday that there's are in stock.
Yep! They are not the only game in town; Berger 133s and 135s are now slowly saturating the market/end-users.

VLD Pilot

Sweet! It looks like you are GTG for a couple of barrel changes. Looking forward to range reports and successes afield.
I'll be hunting thru December so it won't be for a while. Having an issue with ignition on my 25-284. Trouble shooting that right now. Looks like it won't be my whitetail rifle after all this season. Kind of a bummer.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
I'll be hunting thru December so it won't be for a while. Having an issue with ignition on my 25-284. Trouble shooting that right now. Looks like it won't be my whitetail rifle after all this season. Kind of a bummer.
Same here! Good luck and happy safe hunting.

willfrye027

What is an ignition isssue out of curiosity?

I am having issues with my 25-284 and it didn’t make the cut for hunting season either, unfortunately. Getting major pressure at 2850fps with multiple powders. Barrel maker inspected chamber and bore and found no issues. Lots of trouble shooting nothing obvious.

VLD Pilot

I am having issues with my 25-284 and it didn’t make the cut for hunting season either, unfortunately. Getting major pressure at 2850fps with multiple powders. Barrel maker inspected chamber and bore and found no issues. Lots of trouble shooting nothing obvious.
When I took it out for the first time for a little break in and fire forming, I had some misfires. Never the first round of a group of shots but 2nd and 3rd or random shots had light primer strikes. Lifted the bolt to reset the firing pin and it fired Everytime I did that with the misfired round. Figured maybe it was the brass being a bit shorter to the shoulder since it was necked down 6.5-284 brass. Measured about .005 shorter using a headspace measuring bushing. Once I reloaded the fired brass from the 25-284 chamber, I thought it would fix the problem. It didn't. Same issue. My thought at this point is possibly a weak firing pin spring. Gonna run it to my gunsmith after the season is over. I'm actually taking it on my hunt. Gonna use it. My shots are pretty long on deer and I'll get a second opportunity if I get a misfire by cycling the bolt knob. I'm probably rolling the dice and it's not smart but the only loss will be missing an opportunity on a buck. Not a huge deal. First shot will fire...I hope.

BEEMAN

Something doesn’t seem right. How long is your barrel? I’m running the 131 BJ at 3160 FPS out of my 25-284 with R26. My barrel is 25” Helix6.

willfrye027

Something doesn’t seem right. How long is your barrel? I’m running the 131 BJ at 3160 FPS out of my 25-284 with R26. My barrel is 25” Helix6.
26in. I agree something is very wrong just need to figure out what it is..