.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

Dropped my barrel and reamer at the gunsmiths place yesterday. Should be playing with loads in the next few weeks.
I hope you have the bullets in hand. Because the 131 BJ are non-existent right now. I have had 2k on order and paid for since January. No ship date in sight.

Thats the bad part about relying on one bullet. Especially a bullet who's creator is at the mercy of the people making them (sierra in this case). Any word on when berger is releasing their 135? I've been thinking about building a 25-06Ai or a 25-284

If you've got a 7 twist, the badlands precision SBD2 110gr is a mean hunting bullet. In my 25-06 it's moving fast enough to make up a lot of the difference in BC between it and the ACE. Also easier to spot impacts with quite a bit less recoil.

I'd love to be shooting BJs or the Berger's but neither are available. Glad I found these to play with in the meantime.

No 7 twist. Mines 7.5 and Yes I have 500 Blackjacks currently but that stock will drop fast once I get the rifle finished. Hopefully Berger will have there's out soon. Spoke to Miles when I bought my reamer and he thought any day in the bullets. I have plenty of 110-120 grain bullets that will get me thru the drought.

I wouldn't mind trying Hammers or the 110 SBD2. My 25-284 is a 1-7.25 twist so not sure if it will stabilize the SBD2. Still have 400 of the 131 BJ. The 131 are shooting excellent and will last me this season.

I wouldn't mind trying Hammers or the 110 SBD2. My 25-284 is a 1-7.25 twist so not sure if it will stabilize the SBD2. Still have 400 of the 131 BJ. The 131 are shooting excellent and will last me this season.
Hard to say if the SBDs will stabilize in a 7.25. The Hammers will for sure. Heard good reviews on both. I'm going to try the SBDs in my 7.5 twist. May buy some 121 Hammer hunters if the SBDs don't shoot in it.

I hope you have the bullets in hand. Because the 131 BJ are non-existent right now. I have had 2k on order and paid for since January. No ship date in sight.
I know it won't help for a load development, but I have about 25-30 of them for you. 11 more if you want to pull them from cases.

Hi, I've done some research on here and was wondering what the optimal twist rate would be for running the 131 ace bullets in a 257 wby?

Would a 1-7 twist Brux barrel running them 3,200-3,300 fps would be spinning them too much?

Also, I was wondering if running a 25 PRC would be better? I have a long action Remington action mag bolt face that I was going to use for the build.

Does anyone know if reamers for either caliber are available that I could rent?

Thanks for your help!

Hi, I've done some research on here and was wondering what the optimal twist rate would be for running the 131 ace bullets in a 257 wby?

Would a 1-7 twist Brux barrel running them 3,200-3,300 fps would be spinning them too much?

Also, I was wondering if running a 25 PRC would be better? I have a long action Remington action mag bolt face that I was going to use for the build.

Does anyone know if reamers for either caliber are available that I could rent?

Thanks for your help!
I am awaiting 1:7" for my .257 WBTY but will be using Cayuga 117s until I can get my hands on 133 Bergers.

I believe you don't need a 7 twist in the Weatherby. On blackjacks site I think they list recommended twist rates. 7 twist falls in on 25-06 and 25-284. In my 25-284 I went 1-7.25". Only concern would be over rpm at the Weatherby velocity and the bullet coming apart. Now with a 128 hammer it would be awesome.