25-284 change my mind

Ain't no excuse. You just don't understand BC..
I mean no offense at all but I understand BC perfectly, It's not Rocket Science and You can talk numbers all day long neighbor and boast about how great your Creedmoor's are and what the ballistic app is telling you but at the end it means nothing, It's only as good as the man shooting the gun so as I said in post #58 in which you have not yet responded to other than a laughing Emoji so again I say I'll put my lowly 308 vs both of your Creedmoor's "You pick the distance, No Kestrel's, No spotters and no ballistic apps you call your own wind and then we will see what the Ballistics have to say" as I said before in the end it's numbers on a piece of paper

I thought the same thing until I ran the numbers. The 131s at .340-.350 running 3150 vs any 140-156 in the same case. Everyone's use will be different of course but for an antelope rifle, that 131 and like a lazer beam will just flat out be awesome. Wasn't looking for increased energy only a flatter, faster, lighter bullet with a higher BC. Found it in the 131BJ and 135 Berger.
Either of those two bullets screaming out the end of a fast twist barrel would be an absolute sheep/deer/antelope slaying machine!

Either of those two bullets screaming out the end of a fast twist barrel would be an absolute sheep/deer/antelope slaying machine!
Kinda my thought also. Not to discredit the 6.5-284 with 140 class bullet but the additional BC increase and velocity increase from the lighter bullet is a real help.

Here is my thought. If intend just for antelope and mule deer or the likes of these size animals then I would run some energy numbers and velocity numbers and what it takes to expand the bullets. Se which one is best and bucks the wind, drop, delivered energy, and a factor of coolness, aka talking points. Honestly my wife took here mule deer a few years ago at 300ish yards with an 87grn VLD from a 243 and this is also a slow running load. Didn't have time to work up a great load as it was getting to late to do so but the load was a tack driver. Make it happen and never look back.

Kinda what I did. Originally gonna build a CFW lightweight antelope rifle in another 6.5-284 with a 7.5 twist barrel for the heaviest 6.5s, I reconsidered once seeing the numbers on the 131s from the same case. Made my decision pretty simple. Running them at 200+ fps faster with a better ballistic numbers, the order was placed for the barrel. Energy wont be a factor on deer or antelope but elevation reduction is in my case. The flatter the better.