25-284 build

lee31

Starting to get all my parts for my next build. I'm building a 25-284 on a blueprinted 700 with a 1-7.5 remington Varmint/Sendero contour Krieger. Going to finish the barrel at 27 inches and will be shooting some new 132 grain VLD bullets. A couple guys I've been in touch with are shooting these same bullets out of 25 Creedmoors and are claiming they are hitting 2900fps. I'm hoping for 2900-3000 which by the sounds of it will be very attainable. The bullets are longer than the 140 berger VLD's. Should be a good long range rig. Anyone out there have a 25-284?

Yeah, I can't wait to hear what type of bullets these are... It's about time someone made some heavy VLD/Hybrid .257 bullets...

Are they cup & core, or mono's?

I don't know all the details. What I do know is they're 1.456 inches long,132 grains and I believe they use a J4 jacket.
J4 jackets are what Berger uses...I'm sure others do as well. That means they're cup & core lead bullets. Which means prices should be right around the same as what Bergers & Hornady ELD's cost. Things are looking bright, thus far.

Do you have any G1 or G7 BC numbers yet? Just trying to run some numbers, and it would be very helpful... You can PM it to me, if you can't speak about it on open forum.

J4 jackets are what Berger uses...I'm sure others do as well. That means they're cup & core lead bullets. Which means prices should be right around the same as what Bergers & Hornady ELD's cost. Things are looking bright, thus far.

Do you have any G1 or G7 BC numbers yet? Just trying to run some numbers, and it would be very helpful... You can PM it to me, if you can't speak about it on open forum.
I do t not know the exact BC numbers as they are still testing. But I was told that they are expected to be fairly high. Comparable and maybe higher than most 6.5mm 140class VLD type bullets. And I was told that the pricing will be on par with Nosler, Sierra etc..

Do you have any G1 or G7 BC numbers yet? Just trying to run some numbers, and it would be very helpful... You can PM it to me, if you can't speak about it on
Unofficial g7 BC over .325 possibly low .330s is what I was told. That's all I know. I am supposed to be getting a bullet soon so I can make up a dummy round.

Despite my twist being a 1:10"... I'd love to get a hold of a box of them for 100 yard load charge and ladder testing in my 26" .25-06 AI 40º to get some base data for chrono speeds, charge weights, potential LR ballistics, etc... It's a monster, and would be a perfect test mule cartridge to push them for 1K... I know that for proper testing, I would need to get a new barrel with a faster twist...Which could be a possibility.

If they're interested, let me know.

Despite my twist being a 1:10"... I'd love to get a hold of a box of them for 100 yard load charge and ladder testing in my 26" .25-06 AI 40º to get some base data for chrono speeds, charge weights, potential LR ballistics, etc... It's a monster, and would be a perfect test mule cartridge to push them for 1K... I know that for proper testing, I would need to get a new barrel with a faster twist...Which could be a possibility.

If they're interested, let me know.
Copy that. Sounds like they will be doing a lot of there final BC testing this weekend. They did shoot some today at 944 yards with a calculated .330 G7 BC and said they were spot on. As soon as they're available im planning on buying 500-1000 of them. I'm hoping to be one of the first guys to have them when they bring them to market this summer. A 25-06AI would be a monster with these bullets.

Recent Posts