25-284 build complete.

lee31

IMG_3386.JPG
IMG_3383.JPG
IMG_3381.JPG
I finally picked up my 25-284. Blueprinted Remington 700, 28 inch 7.5 twist Sendero contour Krieger, McMillan Gamewarden, Jewell trigger topped of with a Sightron S3LR 6-24x50 for now. I'm planning on doing some fire forming today after I'm done bow hunting. I will be running BlackJack bullets 131 grain Ace. Hopefully she shoots as good as she looks.

will be waiting for your results just waiting on some feed back before pulling the trigger on same cartridge

IMG_3397.JPG
IMG_3398.JPG
IMG_3401.JPG
will be waiting for your results just waiting on some feed back before pulling the trigger on same cartridge
Well I did some testing today. In between bow hunting this morning and I'm back in the stand now. The rifle shows some awesome potential. First 5 fire forming shots were around 1/2moa. I used 51 grains of h4831 and a 115 Berger jammed 10 thousands. I shot 18 rounds into a group of .8. Those are the first two pics. Then I formed some more shooting at rocks and cow pies. Then I tried a few different charges of h4831sc with the 131 ace. I only did four shot groups as I wanted to make it as fast as possible to get back out bow hunting. Here is the best group I shot. I'll be doing a seating depth test tomorrow to try and tighten up my Es. and trying some RL23 and RL26. Then if I have time Ill try to shoot it at 1000.

very impressive for a new gun during break in. well done. what was your oal with the 131's? would you know the freebore on the reamer? not sure if possible to stay in short action

very impressive for a new gun during break in. well done. what was your oal with the 131's? would you know the freebore on the reamer? not sure if possible to stay in short action
My reamer is .145 freebore. I'll have to measure the oal once I get back home. But it is 2.459 to the ogive with my oal tool. It's probably not going to fly in a short action

My reamer is .145 freebore. I'll have to measure the oal once I get back home. But it is 2.459 to the ogive with my oal tool. It's probably not going to fly in a short action
I thought I had ejector swipe at 3130 FPS but the more I think about it I had one with swipe from fire forming. I bet it was the same case. I should of marked it before I shot it again

RL26 seems to work well in this cartridge. Had it up to 3292 and ran into pressure signs. But 54.5 grains gave me 3133 with a ES of 16 and a 5 shot group in the .3s. I'm going to try to stretch it's legs out a bit if it ever quits raining.

RL-26 seems to work well in a lot of different cartridges, it definitely has the velocity advantage over a lot of other usable powders. I use RL-26 in my 284 win with the heavier bullets and only problem was mid summer high temp and humidity or if the rounds sat in the sun to long then pressure went up quickly