25-06 vs 257 wby

Yes, I use Lapua 6,5x55 brass, the flag caliber for Nordics, like 308 for American. Easy to find, to fire form and very long lasting. Tikka match long action, Krieger 1/10" barrel. 3200-3300 fps with 115 bergers, Not extreme loads. Very pleasant to shoot for youngs also

i have a few 1,000 - 257 Weatherby mag brass cases many are once fired Federal cases givin to me , have many are new brass cases too . so it makes it easy to figure what cartridge to use in a rifle build. i have 4 other 257 Weatherby mag. rifles but these rifles are 1-10 twist , this new rifle with the faster twist and the 28 inch barrel is my new project for out west deer and antelope hunting . i plan on starting once the weather is nicer its been a long snowy ,windy , cold winter and spring so far here in Minnesota . but will keep who ever wants to read the post what happens ?

I had both. Sold the 25-06. I will always own a 257 wby. 90 grain hammers now at over 4K. When this barrel goes it will get a new on with a fancy twist rate to shoot the heavies. I'm still looking for a McMillan mcwalnut stock for it but hey that will come.

I'm working towards reducing my safes full of long guns. Gonna standardize down to 3 hunting rifles all based on the '06

25-06
30-06
35 Whelen

Not much those 3 won't do in North America.

Now that I think about it….I wonder if I could get all 3 to shoot with one powder and primer??? Sure would simplify things….

Recent Posts