25-06 vs 257 wby

I am toying with have one of my rifles rechamber to AI, but I would use the 280AI chambering to the neck. It's about .091 longer to the shoulder. If going to kick up the 25-06 to AI, might as well go for it.

I've owned a 700 BDL 25-06 since 1979. The rifle always shot .5 MOA with factory ammo, but the twist didn't like anything over 3000 FPS. 2950 is fine.. 3000 starts flying all over the place. I've loved the rifle and killed too many whitetail to count and a mule deer. My gun likes 117gr.
I think you can't go wrong either way, but I do think 25-06 may be easier to find rounds and/or brass for.

A lot of people don't like belted Mag. There was and probable is a lot of case separations at the base. I tamed that a long time ago and went with neck sizing. Now I would try bumping the shoulder a couple of th.
I don't see the problem with the belt as I just touch the shoulders anyhow. But I do like the availabilty of 25-06 brass or the others based on the 30-06 case. It is much much cheaper and with the cost of everything going up nowadays, I have to pay attention to that.

i own these cartridges in the 25 caliber = 257 Creedmoor , 257 Roberts ,25-06 ,257 Weatherby Mag. have loaded for all of them. the most accurate is my 257 Creedmoor but not by much because my custom 257 Roberts is very accurate too. but when i do hunt i always use my 257 Weatherby Mag. i have killed animals out too a measured 710 yards on the 1st shot a 10 pt. buck.