25-06 still getting it done

The fusions worked realy well this year,the avatar picture is 3 @ 500 this is not a fluke group it did this 3 times before i finaly took the picture i was impresed with both the acuracy and kiling power. I shot another pig with my 30-06 with a 165 grain bullett and both were equaly as dead.this is for DJ Fergus try them and see how they work in your rifle.

I am currently developing a load for my 25-06 with 92gr Hammers. Using RL23, I was able to hit 3500fps with slight ejector marks. I am going to back off .5 a grain and work off that. I should be able to finalize the load tomorrow. I am expecting to end up in the 3450fps range. Got a couple of hunts coming up for deer and hogs. I cant wait to try these out in the next couple of weeks.

I am currently developing a load for my 25-06 with 92gr Hammers. Using RL23, I was able to hit 3500fps with slight ejector marks. I am going to back off .5 a grain and work off that. I should be able to finalize the load tomorrow. I am expecting to end up in the 3450fps range. Got a couple of hunts coming up for deer and hogs. I cant wait to try these out in the next couple of weeks.
Your gonna love them

Capt, I'm using the 92 HH, in a 25.06ai, with 26 inch barrel. at about 3500 +. I can tell you, that that bullet will completely pass through TWO deer, and kill them dead as a Hammer!😁. The devastation on the first deer was impressive, and the damage to the second one was shocking, considering it had already been through one. The shank balled up under the skin outside the second set of ribs.
Just goes to show you, that with the correct bullet for the task, a 25.06 will definitely get it done.

Capt, I'm using the 92 HH, in a 25.06ai, with 26 inch barrel. at about 3500 +. I can tell you, that that bullet will completely pass through TWO deer, and kill them dead as a Hammer!😁. The devastation on the first deer was impressive, and the damage to the second one was shocking, considering it had already been through one. The shank balled up under the skin outside the second set of ribs.
Just goes to show you, that with the correct bullet for the task, a 25.06 will definitely get it done.
I was impressed with how easy it got to 3500 with RL23. I also tried IMR 7977 from 56-59gr and couldnt even hit 3300fps. With RL23, I tested 53-56gr. Showed very slight ejector marks at 55.5gr and the same at 56. I could probably stay there and be fine. I saw a flat spot between 54.5-55 grains so I am going to load up 54.4, 54.7 and 55 tonight and see how they group there. I am jumping them at -.020 right now. What jump have you guys seen work best with these bullets?

I was impressed with how easy it got to 3500 with RL23. I also tried IMR 7977 from 56-59gr and couldnt even hit 3300fps. With RL23, I tested 53-56gr. Showed very slight ejector marks at 55.5gr and the same at 56. I could probably stay there and be fine. I saw a flat spot between 54.5-55 grains so I am going to load up 54.4, 54.7 and 55 tonight and see how they group there. I am jumping them at -.020 right now. What jump have you guys seen work best with these bullets?
Hammer's are basically immune to seating depth changes

I am at the top band. That was my starting spot, as I used to shoot Barnes ttsx, or LRX, and learned that they like to jump. These bullets are different. and can be seated out farther, but I just left it there, it works. That bullet is a killing machine.

I am at the top band. That was my starting spot, as I used to shoot Barnes ttsx, or LRX, and learned that they like to jump. These bullets are different. and can be seated out farther, but I just left it there, it works. That bullet is a killing machine.
Here is my dummy round. This is where my -.020 jump is. We'll see how it groups tomorrow.
20210115_164854.jpg

3 round group with the 92gr HH. Ended up with 55gr of RL23 at 3480 fps. This is good enough for my goals for this rifle. I think I am done with load development.View attachment 243179
Thats awesome Capt. The deer eont think so, I'll guarantee that. If there's such a thing as a perfect combo., thst bullet, and the 25.
06. Or 25.06ai. I'm totally impressed with its accuracy, and terminal performance. Great job. What is your barrel length? Just curious.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.