25-06 still getting it done

Dosh

That is one of the most Beautiful Stocks I have ever seen!!!
Heavy barrel M77. He bought it with this stock and a factory Walnut from a guy moving out of town. The maple was a hack-job, a big mess. Son reshaped it and refinished it. Still has the factory Walnut as well. He's shooting 115 Berger VLDH with H4350.

7stw

I have a first Gen Remington Sendero bought back in 1994. That thing is a tack driver and has accounted for 100s of prairie dogs, coyote, an Antelope, blacktail, mule deer, a cow and Bull Elk. I would love to find a left handed light weight rifle chambered for it.
Or, you could just send it to me! I'd take care of it. It will have a sibling beside it in the cabinet. With AI behind it!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7stw

Oh no my brother you gots ta buy your own. This rifle goes nowhere🤪😜🤪
I have one , with 26 inch barrel, thst was rechambered when brand new, to 25.06ai. Its a lazer, trigger is a reworked Mike Walker, thats as good as some high dollar models. Barrel is flawless. Loves Hammer bullets for deer, but shoots Fowler benchrest bullets into a hole. They were making great rifles in 1994. They are among the best in that era.

7stw

I've got a Winchester featherweight that is super accurate with cheap Hornady 117 grainers. I have had nothing to shoot as of yet... Beautiful rifle.
I once had a 700 bdl, that loved the same bullet, nothing else. Sierra 117 flat base , accurate as all get out. The deer didnt like it so much though. When I first got my AI, I used the long 117 to fire form brass with. They were very accurate, even for fire forming loads. Less then an inch at 200 yds.

Beamonk

I've got a featherweight. 257 that the only thing it gets close to liking are the old 117 round nose hornadys. I am going to break it down and rebed it as I have found that a little forend pressure tightens the groups up. I may get it reemed out for AI. I have a 1938 .257 Model 54 that shoots the factory sst's lights out.

CO_Guy

Just a reminder a 25-06 can still bring home the bacon so to spesk. Nothing fancy 120 federal fusion,Remington 700 with trigger job,Meopta meostar r-1 3x12.One shot per pig drt.

A 25-06 has excellent ballistics and 25 cal is just .007" smaller than a .264/6.5. The Fusions fly very well, are plenty tough enough for elk and have excellent terminal performance. I am sure it is a hog grenade. My friend kills elk with a 130gn Fusion out of his 270. From his last recovered bullet, they show that they do not expand as much as a mono, but are very tough:
View attachment 255993

Cbass1019

Well I never underestimated the 25-06 because I had one till I went and messed up and turned it into a 257bee. Actually the only thing messed up were the deer.
I think the most under rated cartridge is the 6.5 Grendel. That little guy punches way over it's weight.
With rl26 the old 25-06 can pretty much hang with the 257bee.
Oh I did have a 25-06ai for a bit. But then I punched it out to the 257bee also.
Shep
I can agree about the grendel

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.