25/06 - retumbo or h4350?

Havard

Gonna try and reload some 115gr VLDs tomorrow and have both powders. Any suggestions? I know Retumbo is popular for this round, but I can get all the H4350 I want and Retumbo is not so plentiful around here.

Thanks...

@Barrelnut
Have you used R26 in a 25/06. If yes do you have any numbers. I got a pound of the stuff, tried it in various cartridges (Weatherby) and my 300 Win mag but not in my 25/06. In the Weatherby's it was good, but fantastic in the 300 Win. TKS

@Barrelnut
Have you used R26 in a 25/06. If yes do you have any numbers. I got a pound of the stuff, tried it in various cartridges (Weatherby) and my 300 Win mag but not in my 25/06. In the Weatherby's it was good, but fantastic in the 300 Win. TKS
No I haven't. Have used it in the 6.5 CM and 300 WSM and speeds are impressive. Alliant now has 25/06 loads for it on their site. I have not tried them out yet but want too. They seem to be 50~100 FPS faster than other loads. In the end it may be hard to beat Retumbo and RL22 in the 25/06. I am sure some of the IMR powders work too. Just seems that the 25/06 likes the slower "magnum" powders cause it is so overbore.

I ran 58.7g Retumbo under 115 Berger in my 2506. Been using N165 lately because I am getting better ES

I shoot Retumbo with the 115 berger in my 25-06 with good luck

This, sounded crazy when I first read about Retumbo for 25-06. Thought H4350 was the bomb. I searched online and found a lot of shooters were on to it as well, so I tried it and found a great, accurate load. Now loading this in several 25-06s.

Retumbo or RE25 do it for me.
RE25 is no where as temp sensitive as made out on the interweb and the velocity obtainable in a 24" barrel is mind boggling.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts