25/06 - retumbo or h4350?

Havard

Gonna try and reload some 115gr VLDs tomorrow and have both powders. Any suggestions? I know Retumbo is popular for this round, but I can get all the H4350 I want and Retumbo is not so plentiful around here.

Thanks...

cape cove

@Barrelnut
Have you used R26 in a 25/06. If yes do you have any numbers. I got a pound of the stuff, tried it in various cartridges (Weatherby) and my 300 Win mag but not in my 25/06. In the Weatherby's it was good, but fantastic in the 300 Win. TKS

Barrelnut

@Barrelnut
Have you used R26 in a 25/06. If yes do you have any numbers. I got a pound of the stuff, tried it in various cartridges (Weatherby) and my 300 Win mag but not in my 25/06. In the Weatherby's it was good, but fantastic in the 300 Win. TKS
No I haven't. Have used it in the 6.5 CM and 300 WSM and speeds are impressive. Alliant now has 25/06 loads for it on their site. I have not tried them out yet but want too. They seem to be 50~100 FPS faster than other loads. In the end it may be hard to beat Retumbo and RL22 in the 25/06. I am sure some of the IMR powders work too. Just seems that the 25/06 likes the slower "magnum" powders cause it is so overbore.

SDMOL

I ran 58.7g Retumbo under 115 Berger in my 2506. Been using N165 lately because I am getting better ES

Dosh

I shoot Retumbo with the 115 berger in my 25-06 with good luck
This, sounded crazy when I first read about Retumbo for 25-06. Thought H4350 was the bomb. I searched online and found a lot of shooters were on to it as well, so I tried it and found a great, accurate load. Now loading this in several 25-06s.

MagnumManiac

Retumbo or RE25 do it for me.
RE25 is no where as temp sensitive as made out on the interweb and the velocity obtainable in a 24” barrel is mind boggling.

Cheers.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce