25 06 on deer

I realise I'm late to the discussion….been using 5 different 25-06 rifles since 1988 when I got my first.
Have gone through Sierra, Speer, Nosler and Hornady bullets.
For reducing meat loss, shooting behind the shoulder is your best avenue.
My 2 favourite bullets are the Nosler 110g Accubond and Nosler 115g Partition.
The Sierra 117g SPBT is a great extended range bullet. The 120g Partition didn't perform as well as the 115g for me.
Unfortunately, it will be 5 years before I can test any of the newer bullets. I did use the Berger 115g Hybrid Hunter, but it was limited and the test number was not large enough to come to a conclusion.

Cheers.
I do wonder why the 120 NP was not as good for you as the 115 ?
The 120 worked great for me but I was pushing it faster in my 25-06AI than most do, maybe the 120 was designed more for the 257 Wea., who knows?

my brother has hunted deer with his 25 06 for 30 years.it seams no matter what the bullet you loose abut 25 persent of a dee or more from blood shot meat. are any of you finding this to be true.the powder load is 52.0 grains of 4831 du pont and the 115 and 120 grain bullets.the 100 grain is enven worst in this reguard.
Must have been using partition bullet. I have taken about 50 deer with 120gr BTSP Noslers over the years. The only bad experience was with 100gr Partition. Never use them again. They don't make then now. I still have about 100 on hand. The only blood shot was in about 1" of less going in and out of if stop. I took a large muley a great many years ago that the shot from from the right side and ended up inside the hide on the left shoulder area. Very little blood shot. Using 53grs of MRP. Same thing with 2 other 25/06 rifles than my boys use. We hunt in country that we can hunt elk too. So we use larger calibers for either or. Most are from 308 NM with 165grs Accubonds @ 3300fps. No problems there either.