25-06 mods complete

I have 3 25-06 rifles, one with a 24" barrel, the others have 26".
Best powders I have tried for 100g+ bullets are RE25 and Retumbo.
My custom 24" barreled Ruger M77 MK II is a genuine 1/4-3/8 MoA performer depending on bullet used.
Have never found the recoil a problem, even off a bi-pod.

Cheers.

I have 3 25-06 rifles, one with a 24" barrel, the others have 26".
Best powders I have tried for 100g+ bullets are RE25 and Retumbo.
My custom 24" barreled Ruger M77 MK II is a genuine 1/4-3/8 MoA performer depending on bullet used.
Have never found the recoil a problem, even off a bi-pod.

Cheers.
Recoil is not the problem I'm having. I'm trying to tame muzzle jump so I can keep target aqusition.
I've not tried RE25. RE23 works real well with 115 Bergers and I would like to try RE26.

Last edited:
EC Tuner/Brake is on order. I also picked up two pounds of Vihtavouri N165 powder to try with the Bergers. I expect to get a shipping notice from Texas on the Tuner/Brake any day now.

For recoil management you need the Holland Brake
Appreciate the advice. The EC Tuner Brake that I've ordered is made by Erik Cortina, pro-shooter. It has a barrel tuner incorporated to help tune loads to the barrel for smaller groups. I'm using the rifle for long range rock chucks. Have connected with chucks at 591 and 621 yards so far. Hoping this tuner/brake will help me reach out even further.

To answer Nimrod (Semper Fi) and Savedbygrace, I've not been able to get any other bullets to shoot this well out of that rifle. I've tried 75g Horndays, 85gr Noslers and 100gr Speer with a couple of different powders. I run ladder loads to find velocity nodes and then adjust seating depth. No luck. Maybe I got lucky with the Bergers but the first test loads I cooked up shot bug holes. Need more VLDs and RL-26.
I have the exact same rifle and have had good luck with Accurate 4350 (XMR) behind the Hornady 75gr and Speer TNT 87gr. Sub half MOA groups like the one you posted above. Good luck!

Congrats on your newly stocked 25/06 ,love the round and enjoy mine also, mostly 100 NBT's or Sierra MK 100's ,never tried the 85,But keep us informed with pics when I get your EC/tuner brake 🥳😉 thks n Cheers!

I Screwed up the Bolt on my old Savage 110, 25-06. Problem is I am 100 miles from nowhere and dont have the tools (or knowlege ) to repair it.

Recent Posts