25-06 load in Sako?

cbaker

Looking for opinions on a good 25-06 load with 100 grain bullets. I tried the H4831sc and RL22 this wknd. 54.0 gr of RL22 printed a decent group, but it is not consistent. Any opinions? Thanks

I use a Remmie Senderro in 25/06.Have tried many different powder(N160,RL22,H4831,H4350)and bullet combinations but always return to 52 grains H4350 under a Sierra 100 BTSP.The only reason i carry on experimenting is that i enjoy tinkering so much.Ballistic tips also excell but are twice the money and dont expand as well.Hope this helps.
GOOD HUNTING.

I think I have a load for you to try. 117g SBT, 53g of H-4831, Fed 210, W-W case, 3.150". Has given me an average group of about .18" for 3 shots at 100 yards. First group was 1 hole (.043"), second group was 2 shots 1 hole, with the other shot touching (.3"). If that dont work, try 52g of IMR-4350 and 100g B-tip. Consistently gave me .4"-.6" at 100 yards and 3350fps.

Rem 25-06's load works great in a friends Sako. --- of imr 4350 with a 100NBT shoots around 1/2" and close to 3400 FPS work up to it its over noslers book max. Deer drop like hit by lightening.

I use 57 grains of R22 with the 100 Nosler Ballistic Tip. Best velocity of all powders, with acceptable accuracy.

Good hunting. LB

I want to thank everyone for their input. Back to the range. I will post a range report when I get the chance to get to the range. Thanks again.

i am using 53 grains of reloader 22 behind the 100gr SMK home molyed. shoots sub half moa no worries. best 5 shot group at 200yards is 20mm....

bullet is 23thou of the rifling....

they also knock down anything i hit them with!

derek

Hey Derek,

I, too, use the Sierra 100 gr MK. My rifle prefers H4350, using the short-cut version.

This will be my 4th year taking antelope with this bullet and I have no complaints. Great pill to buck the wind with.

I'm no longer using the MK for prairie dogs though. The little critters just don't offer enough resistance and the bullet doesn't put them down well enough at long range for my taste. Using a new load for the sage rats with the 75 gr V-Max. Surprisingly accurate out to 500 yards and the terminal ballistics are most impressive. Even a poor hit results in a totally disabled poodle that can be dispatched with a second shot. Seldom does anything get down the hole anymore with a wound.

Regards,

~Holmes

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.