25-06 for hogs!

You got real lucky with that rifle! Wish I stumbled on to such a find.
I am glad I did stumble onto this rifle, it s no where even close to being a poor shooter. I think the ammo he was using and him flinching were to blame for the poor accuracy. He also lathers his rifles in oil, thinking they will rust just from looking at them. I can't reload for it yet, no dies or brass, but found a Weatherby load it likes already. Surprisingly good barrel too, button rifled hand lapped match barrel. It is very smooth, looks almost like a cut rifled barrel.

Cheers.

257 WM is inherently accurate and easy to get shooting nicely. I like the 110gr Accubond for all round use.
That's what I use in my 25-06's for deer.
The other great bullet for deer is the Nosler 115g Partition.
My Rem Sendero likes the Sierra 117g GK or 100g Ballistic Tip, it doesn't like the other heavy bullets other than the Speer 120g Hot Cor, which I haven't seen on the shelves for close to 10 years.

Cheers.

These 2 guys fell to the same bullet out of a 25-06. They lined up perfect and couldn't pass the opportunity. The 115 BT passed cleanly through the first and came to rest on the far side shoulder of the second. My buddy was there to back me up if I just wounded the second.
I know I know, not that ethical shooting with the intent of a pass through double kill, but they're pigs and the ranch wanted them all gone and they lined up oh so perfect so I tried.

Attachments

• 4FDA24DB-5F0A-4892-B3F2-C6AFBEAAC524.jpeg
    4FDA24DB-5F0A-4892-B3F2-C6AFBEAAC524.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 113
I was told years ago of the attributes of the .25-06.
I was speaking to that same bloke recently about it, he is still a fan. He sold it but bought the same rifle back when his mate needed cash.
I bought a .25-06 to build my .280ai because it's what I wanted at the time.
I've been thinking about a .260rem because I won't do the Man Bun thing.

Now with a new .25-06 barrel in storage I should consider that.

Keep writing, you havey attention.

I was told years ago of the attributes of the .25-06.
I was speaking to that same bloke recently about it, he is still a fan. He sold it but bought the same rifle back when his mate needed cash.
I bought a .25-06 to build my .280ai because it's what I wanted at the time.
I've been thinking about a .260rem because I won't do the Man Bun thing.

Now with a new .25-06 barrel in storage I should consider that.

Keep writing, you have my attention.
If I were buying another 6.5 it would be the .260 Rem. I had a 6.5 Creed and sold it to a girl at church. It didn't chamber smoothly, probably due to the sharp shoulder. It was accurate. A Savage 16 WW.

I shoot a lot of them with a 25-06. I use the 117sst Superformance loaded ammo. Funny, I call it Thor's Hammer as well.
I also use the 25-06 117sst superformance. I shoot a savage 116 weather warrior topped with a Swarovski Z5. Best setup I have ever owned