25-06 Brass

Dosh

Been looking for quality new 25-06 brass For my son. Seems no one is making it. Not going to settle for junk brass, the Hornady brass my son has can't hold a primer after a couple firings. Anyone seen any higher end brass available? Guess we'll keep searching.

What I am in the process of doing is necking down and turning Lapua 30-06 its a pain but 100 pieces should easily outlast the barrel

I have been using LC 30-06 National Match brass since the late 60's for my 25-06 AI , that Parker made up for me. My supply is coming to an end, a friend gave me a bunch of Rem 25-06 Headstamp brass so far have not used it- shall see when the time comes and how much i'll be using it. I used the Rem brass when the 7mm BR came out for forming and that still holding up over the years. Have had good results with the brass, hell used to shoot TRAP at the Bridgeport Range in CT ( LORDSHIP ) all the time. Got ammo for free from time to time 12 GA. trap loads. them good old days-

I had 5 25-06 rifles, down to 3 now, have lots of older white box (100 count) Winchester brass, I think 300 pieces of Winchester Blue/white bags and probably 500 pieces of Remington from about 15 years ago. I also have 100 pieces of Norma, but I sold that rifle it was used in and it has held up quite well with only firing the same 30 pieces twice.
My LGS seems to have Remington 25-06 brass on the shelves fairly often here in Australia. It's definitely not like it was mid 2000's when we had nothing coming in for years.
Keep looking, it has to somewhere and I agree with you, I do not buy Hornady anything.

Cheers.

Been looking for quality new 25-06 brass For my son. Seems no one is making it. Not going to settle for junk brass, the Hornady brass my son has can't hold a primer after a couple firings. Anyone seen any higher end brass available? Guess we'll keep searching.
I just received 200 264 Win Mag Brass from a company at ( [email protected] )
I just checked there site and they say that they have- NEW Winchester, Remington & PRVI 25-06 brass in stock.
I hope this helps

What I am in the process of doing is necking down and turning Lapua 30-06 its a pain but 100 pieces should easily outlast the barrel
Not quite sure what type barrel you are shooting but at least in my case it would take at least 2000 pieces reloaded as many times as they can before my barrels would be shot out. The only barrel that ever got shot out unexpectedly was a post 64 Model 70 built in around 1965. It gave up the ghost around 1000 rounds. Winchester's answer to why was that 1000 rounds was over a lifetime for the average hunter. These days you should be able to get at least 5000 and most likely 10000 or more unless you always load hot or have a cartridge known to burn out the throat.

I'm in Aus, just picked up some Sako brass on special for mine, not as common as the other brands, might be worth a look?