25-06 barrel length and twist rate

Tarfur

Hi all

I have been looking at Tikka T3 rifles and I´m thinking of buying one in 25-05 Rem. The stainless varmint type looks good to me and I like the things that I have read about this caliber. One thing bothers me though and that's the barrel length. How does the 23 ¾" and 1/10" twist barrel handle those bullets in 25-06 (from 75gr. and up)? Someone told me that for 25-06 a 24" barrel is minimum (not much different though). Well I don't know this caliber and do not have any experience in long range shooting so I would be thankful if anyone could give me some tips and tell me if 25-06 is the way to go. I want something flat, hard hitting that would be a good medicine for varmints and deer.

Greetings from Iceland, Tarfur

the 1-10 will allow you to shoot bullets up to 130 grains.

you could do a search for the 25-06 there alot of load info on here.

d-a

Try the standard 1-10 twist and shoot some of the 125rg Wildcat bullets. They pack a big thump down range and would be great for any whitetail

good luck
steve

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.