25.06 AI favorite powers!

7stw

Ok, 25ai guys, just picked up a awesome 26-06AI, sendero! Shooting 87 grain Fowler bullets, with 61 grains of h4831sc. Velocity is at 3600, and very accurate. Now, I'm not one to fix something that's not broke, but I will be using possibly a heavier bullet come deer season, and was wondering what seems to be the angel dust in the AI. I also have rl16, which I think should also be a good option. Opinions please! Thanks to all!

Ok, 25ai guys, just picked up a awesome 26-06AI, sendero! Shooting 87 grain Fowler bullets, with 61 grains of h4831sc. Velocity is at 3600, and very accurate. Now, I'm not one to fix something that's not broke, but I will be using possibly a heavier bullet come deer season, and was wondering what seems to be the angel dust in the AI. I also have rl16, which I think should also be a good option. Opinions please! Thanks to all!
Duh, just realized I wasn't in the reloading thread. Info on the rifle is, it's a 1994 sendero, that was originally 25.06. The owner, never fired a shot through it, and chambered it to AI. All brass was fire formed in another barrel, cut with same reamer. Barrel has 300 rds through it, and cleans like a dream. Trigger is at 2 pounds, no creep, factory Mike Walker, tuned by the Smith, who chambered it, and owned it. Love this thing guys. Another well known member here, told me, it's the 7stw, of 25 caliber, and I believe it. Thoughts and comments welcome, 7stw!

The 25-06AI is amazing! I always shot IMR 4831 with mine for the heavier bullets. Then I would always use H414 for the lighter bullets.

It has been a while back that my hunting buddy had a 25-06AI but he was running H4831 and (H870 which is no longer made) with 117 Sierra Game Kings. Don't know the velocity but it shot like a laser beam across a soy bean field. HIs rifle was made from a Rem 700 action with a practically new Rem Sendero 25-06 take off barrel rechambered. It shot extremely well. I am sure that powders like Retumbo and such will shine in it because it sure does in my 264 Win mag. If you want to go heaver with your bullet and don't want a mono the 110 Nosler Accubond will probably be the best because of it being bonded it will hold up to the high velocity on impact even at close range that you will be achieving. I run the 130 Accubond 3350 fps in my 264 Win mag and it holds up great even at 25 yards on deer. I have probably killed a train load of deer with the standard 25-06 running 117 Sierra's at 3000 fps. I helped do crop damage control for 15 years. BANG FLOP 99% of the time. Good luck.

It has been a while back that my hunting buddy had a 25-06AI but he was running H4831 and (H870 which is no longer made) with 117 Sierra Game Kings. Don't know the velocity but it shot like a laser beam across a soy bean field. HIs rifle was made from a Rem 700 action with a practically new Rem Sendero 25-06 take off barrel rechambered. It shot extremely well. I am sure that powders like Retumbo and such will shine in it because it sure does in my 264 Win mag. If you want to go heaver with your bullet and don't want a mono the 110 Nosler Accubond will probably be the best because of it being bonded it will hold up to the high velocity on impact even at close range that you will be achieving. I run the 130 Accubond 3350 fps in my 264 Win mag and it holds up great even at 25 yards on deer. I have probably killed a train load of deer with the standard 25-06 running 117 Sierra's at 3000 fps. I helped do crop damage control for 15 years. BANG FLOP 99% of the time. Good luck.
Thanks RT, I figured you'd chime in. It been awhile since we've talked. You are correct, this thing is a laser. My partner in crime, Butterbean, is having one built as we speak as well. It's gonna be a beast too! Mine has 26 barrel, and am getting as previously stated, 3600, with 87 grain varmint/target bullet. I have some 80, and 100 grain Barnes bullets, which I'm sure will put the life's on any whitetail. Youve got my attention with the 110 AB. . Thanks for your feedback, and be safe!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.