25-06 ai barrel length

dud

going to build a 25-06 ai varmint gun.want to stay with 75-87 gr bullets,what length barrel and twist for max velocity and accuracy?im thinking brux heavy varmint contour on an fn action i got laying in a drawer.

going to build a 25-06 ai varmint gun.want to stay with 75-87 gr bullets,what length barrel and twist for max velocity and accuracy?im thinking brux heavy varmint contour on an fn action i got laying in a drawer.

Depending on how much you want to pack around, you will gain about 35-40 feet per inch of barrel length. I would personally set a MINIMUM of 26". A longer barrel usually requires a little heavier contour. I would go with a 12 twist( if you are sure that you aren't going to shoot more than 87 grain bullets)!!........Rich

thanks to those who replied.yes a 12 twist for light bullets,brux #17 heavy varmint .975 at muzzle,finish length 28 inches.now i got to figure which powders to try,4350,re 17?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.