25 06 ackly

You would be hard pressed to find a more versatile round, I like the Speer 87gr HPs that I buy in a value pack of 750ct for $150. Those and a full case of RL17 is good for 4000fps I also shoot 80gr TTSX's which are really my favorite, but are also a buck a piece compared to the speer which are only 25 cents each.

Dean

Been shooting mine since the early 80s (on it's 3rd barrel). I love it. Killed many deer and varmints with it. Excellent accuracy and speed. 40 degree shoulder means you rarely have to trim brass - cases don't stretch much. Wish it had a faster twist for the new Hammers. The 100-115 gr bullets shoot well. Got some 92 gr Hammers to try.they should scream.
G

I use 115 Bergers and 110 Accubonds in my 25-06 AI. Kills are amazingly quick, and that is out of an 18" xp100.
I also shoot an 18" xp100 in 250 savage AI. The 25 cals just seem to work a lot better than people give them credit for with bullets designed for the game intended.

SemperFi

I have both 257 and 250 ai rifles and love them. Never tried the 06 . Using the HH in both this year on deer for first time. 🤞🏻

any one shoot this round?what are your thoughts on it as compared to a standard 25 06
Love mine...
As far as comparing it to the standard 25-06, more case capacity = more speed, don't have to worry about trimming near as much. Can push light(75gr) bullets in the 4000fps range, heavies(115gr) around 3300fps. Can shoot factory 25-06 ammo if get caught without reloads on hand...
The two I've had built had 1 in 10 twist barrels so 115 bergers was the heaviest I could go, if I were to build one now I'd go with a faster twist so I could shoot some of the new heavy for caliber bullets..

As far as hunting goes the largest animals I have shot with them is whitetails and it performs very well... I'd say it's a great mix of speed, energy and low recoil

Orch

I have one in a old style Sendero. Kirby Allen chambered this rifle for me back when I first joined this forum. I have taken alot of WY. Antelope and Mule Deer as well as AR. Whitetails with it. I am deciding on my next larger 6.5, whether a M700 6.5x284 build or a Sako S20 or Bergara Premier Approach in 6.5 PRC but this next hunting season in AR I plan on using the 25-06 AI again. I have a bunch of 115 gr. Bal. Silvertips I need to burn up and where I am hunting here in AR now my max. shot will be 450yds. or so, so they will work. Several big Hogs live there along with River Bottom WT.
Good luck to all!

Which manufactures (if any) make brass for the 25-06 AI or do you have to fire form?
You have to fire form which is no big deal you can fireform out in the field or at the range. Just use your regular loads, or if you are so inclined you can bump up your regular loads to make up for the lost energy forming the brass. As a rule of thumb I have found that you lose 10% in velocity fireforming IE: a usual 4000 fps load will exit the barrel at 3600 fps. Don't waste your time just fireforming with cream of wheat or what ever. It is a complete waste of components and is also very hard on the throat of the barrel, and also the forming of the brass does not come out as nice. Some times it takes several time to come out right to be completely formed.

Your millage may vary.

Dean