25.06 Ackley Improved, powder choices, and load info!

Hey guys, picked up a beauty of a rifle this summer, in 25.06ai. It shoots 4831sc pretty well. I've got the fireforming thing down pretty well, which initially, I thought I was going to dread, but it's really no big deal. Just looking for a few thoughts, and formulas that have worked for you. I'm curious to how it performs with RL16, RL17, and imr4831 as well. As we all know, published info is hard to find, except Sierra's manual, but it dosent list 16, or 17.
As always, thanks in advance. This thing is a beast. Love it. Thoughts?

you need to look closely at the 257 weatherby loading data this is what you have created with the AI.
although P O said you really cannot improve anything under 277. but today with the slower powders like h 1000 and r 25 imr 7828 you will get a bit over the 25/06 but forget any slower burning rate powders. you are overbored.. you will have to adjust you load down a bit for powder capacity but you will get the same vel a the weatherby.

Error above on my line I meant the faster burning rate powders will not give you good results like R 17 19 4350 even r-22 and H 4831 may be a bit fast. especially with 115 and 120 125 gr bullets.

Funny I should stumble on this post. I just sent a rifle out 7 weeks ago to be built in 25-06 AI 40*. 1:7 twist! 131 Ace BJ's and Hammers 130 (I think)

So I can not leave good enough alone. In searching of a NICE figured #1 a friend decided to sell me this one. One of the nicest #1 I ever saw. Also has a sub 3 lbs Moyers trigger.
Anyway I jumped on it. It started life as a 270 Win and he re-chambered it to 270 Bee.
So I decided to rebarrel it.

Here it is:

2WkrwUZl.jpg

tm3XZOrl.jpg

FmhZEQPl.jpg

M2EiTqQl.jpg

Up close pix

imb4RfAl.jpg

QU7wTckl.jpg

DplWZFIl.jpg

kwZB9ZIl.jpg

Funny I should stumble on this post. I just sent a rifle out 7 weeks ago to be built in 25-06 AI 40*. 1:7 twist! 131 Ace BJ's and Hammers 130 (I think)

So I can not leave good enough alone. In searching of a NICE figured #1 a friend decided to sell me this one. One of the nicest #1 I ever saw. Also has a sub 3 lbs Moyers trigger.
Anyway I jumped on it. It started life as a 270 Win and he re-chambered it to 270 Bee.
So I decided to rebarrel it.

Here it is:

2WkrwUZl.jpg

tm3XZOrl.jpg

FmhZEQPl.jpg

M2EiTqQl.jpg

Up close pix

imb4RfAl.jpg

QU7wTckl.jpg

DplWZFIl.jpg

kwZB9ZIl.jpg
That's Gorgeous

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.