25/06-115 gr Berger VLD Hunting help

I have 2 Remington 25-06 one a classic other a bdl we shoot r19 52.5 in our Guns but work your load up this is out of Berger reload Manuel with col at 3.215 got this off of gunwerks page we shot less than one groups at 100 yds but we're in Arkansas so 300 max for us maybe this will help

I shoot these bullets in my 25-06 Rem. 24 inch 1-10 twist barrel velocity 5 shots avg 3150 fps. I used H4831sc powder. My particular rifle is a Savage 110 tactical. Factory barrel it will consistently shoot 3/4 moa at 600 yards. I could push this more it's not necessary for me. My only problem with the Berger VLD hunting bullets is that they perform better farther out than up close. I hunt I'm South Texas mostly and the deer I'm killing at 250 yards plus pretty much fall where they are where the deer up closer run a little bit with very little blood trail. They are deadly and shoot great!

I want to thank everyone for their input!

I knew I was on the edge of stability, but have read so many guys using it with the 1 in 10 twist I thought I would give it a try.
I will check the rifle and scope out. I'll shoot my nosler ballistic tip load and see how it shoots since I know it's a one moa load And check all screws, etc. That should tell me if I have a issue.

I will start over using a load with 7828ssc which I have and make sure everything is consistent, ie: load weight, brass.

I can shoot out to 200 yards, that's as far as I can shoot where I live.

I'm hoping one of these ideas will work! When I can get all this done I'll report back with my findings.

Thanks Again!

I recently started using www.bisonballistics.com. Looking at the 115gr berger in a 10 twist not a good fit. 9.25 twist is perfect pushing it at 2900fps. On their site 1.3-1.4 is supposedly used for best accuracy and 1.5-1.7 range is best ballistically speaking. 1.5 is really what you're looking for. I like it because if I denote that I'm using a 10 twist it will also show the results for an 11 and a 9 twist. Take a look.

I ran the 115 Berger out of my 25-06 AI for years. It had a 10 twist Krieger. I used H1000 and got 3350 FPS. Located at 1400 ASL. 7828 was also good for velocity but would all of a sudden spike over pressure.

I have the left handed version of your rifle. I loaded the 115 gr Berger just into the lands over H1000 with sub MOA accuracy for years. All of my shooting was done above 3000' elevation. Velocities were 3100 to slightly over 3200. The nice thing about the Xbolt is you should be able to touch the lands and still fit in the detachable magazine if you choose to. Just more food for thought.

My 25-06 shoots H4831sc and my favorite load is 120gr Hornady HP over RL22. While it isn't the Berger those slower powders really shrunk my groups with the heavier bullets.

The horizontal drift of your groups makes me wonder about bedding.

I understand Berger's bullet recommendation for tuning. How I start is from a load range say 50.0,50.5,51.0,51.5 etc. I'll start with one seating depth usually .030. Run the 3 shot groups for each charge finding the best accuracy. Once I find the best accuracy, I work on seating depth preference. Seat just off the lands and go further out from there till I see the accuracy I want. I think your shortage of powder will keep you from finding the results your looking for. Powder preference means more than charge and seating. Your rifle may not like the 4350. Mine always loved H4831sc. Slower velocities but much better accuracy.