• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

243WSSM Needing to be reunited

I am seeking the world high and low for a Winchester model 70 featherweight 243WSSM. I had one and the barrel shot out at 112 rounds and Winchester comped me for a new gun but the WSSM was already obsolete so I settled for a 22-250 coyote lite and I've been in severe depression ever since. Man I miss that gun. If anyone has one I'd be up to trade or buy. Please keep me in mind. Thank you

Yes I'd like Very much to hear that story 🧐
I was shooting the 55gr. Nosler ballistic tips with a load pushing something like 4,250fps. It was incredible. No lead required on speed goats. But I had found my load and counted exactly 112 empty brass over a 3 year period. After it started shooting a 3 round group with maybe 2 hitting the paper at 100yds I sent it in and Winchester responded that the last 6-8" on the exit of the barrel was nearly smooth so they stood behind it and comped me for a different gun and stated it was a common issue they were having, usually around 200rds and that's why they stopped production on them. Loved the gun though, I'd love to find another.

I am seeking the world high and low for a Winchester model 70 featherweight 243WSSM. I had one and the barrel shot out at 112 rounds and Winchester comped me for a new gun but the WSSM was already obsolete so I settled for a 22-250 coyote lite and I've been in severe depression ever since. Man I miss that gun. If anyone has one I'd be up to trade or buy. Please keep me in mind. Thank you
We bought a matching pair of Model 70 Shadow Camo in 325WSM and 25WSSM about 16 years ago. I had the same problem when Winchester was taken over by Browning. Maybe 13-14 years ago. We sent the 25WSSM due to problem with the barrel and shots opening up. Browning would not replace nor send it back to us. Said it was a safety issue. They want to give us a Browning A Bolt in another caliber. I finally got them to refund us, but only gave us their price so we lost money. It was a great caliber. Jill shot several deer and then plains game animals in Africa. I recently gave away our left over ammo and brass to a member on this site.

I was shooting the 55gr. Nosler ballistic tips with a load pushing something like 4,250fps. It was incredible. No lead required on speed goats. But I had found my load and counted exactly 112 empty brass over a 3 year period. After it started shooting a 3 round group with maybe 2 hitting the paper at 100yds I sent it in and Winchester responded that the last 6-8" on the exit of the barrel was nearly smooth so they stood behind it and comped me for a different gun and stated it was a common issue they were having, usually around 200rds and that's why they stopped production on them. Loved the gun though, I'd love to find another.

Thank you for that answer,funny they Winchester just wouldn't rebarrel your rifle ,surely stainless steel would have held up better . Cheers and good luck finding another.

owning normal 223,243, & 25/06 rifles in these cartridges I was slow to see the Advantage of the WSSM cartridges and rifles, being vested in my choices I enjoyed them and still do , but yes I see the performance of the WSSM lineup . A few friends bought them and Enjoyed them greatly, maybe I'm to old fashioned, or they were ahead of their time , but wait I did buy a 270 WSM and they came out first before the WSSM series,so what do I know lol. The performance was there , probably didn't sell enough rifles and ammo ,still it's Great to have choices,cheers 👍WINCHESTER!!!.

Recent Posts