243 wssm

Brass is on a seasonal run only so it can be hard to find. I have had both the 243 & 25 wssm's on a AR15 and thats the best place for the wssm. If your friend is looking at it for a bolt rifle he should pass and go with a 243win.

Then I would stock up on Federal brass.
Stock up?
Last I looked...HSM was the only place to get WSSM brass with Federal head stamps and they have been out for some time. I believe the last few thousand pieces from them, were bought up by one person, and he's poaching them on GunBroker.

However...when the supply is gone, that's really your best bet. Pay to play and plan ahead next time.

I had, and loved my 243 WSSM and a fella made me an offer I couldn't pass up. I let mine go just in time, because for 1.50/ea for brass...I would just let it sit in the safe.
HSM WAS selling it for .71/ea when their supply was ample and even that was high...but available.
I don't think I ever paid more than .45/ea and most of it was around .37-.38

I have been considering buying a 25 WSSM upper for over a year, more like a year and a half. I have been looking for a quantity of brass during that time without luck. Except for 50 here and there from a private sale, it's not available.

Good luck with your search.

Jerry

Stock up?
Last I looked...HSM was the only place to get WSSM brass with Federal head stamps and they have been out for some time. I believe the last few thousand pieces from them, were bought up by one person, and he's poaching them on GunBroker.

However...when the supply is gone, that's really your best bet. Pay to play and plan ahead next time.

I had, and loved my 243 WSSM and a fella made me an offer I couldn't pass up. I let mine go just in time, because for 1.50/ea for brass...I would just let it sit in the safe.
HSM WAS selling it for .71/ea when their supply was ample and even that was high...but available.
I don't think I ever paid more than .45/ea and most of it was around .37-.38
I still see Winchester brass available once in a while from vendors and the Federal would have to come from private sales and it's hard to find, but it's out there. When I sold my last wssm AR I gave the buyer the Winchester brass, but kept the Federal just in case I decide I need another one.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.