243 Winchester 1:10 twist long range load

Double Dropper

Looking to stretch out the 243 with a standard twist. Ordered some Lapua Brass and have Fed 210m primers on hand, plenty of powder, but what bullet really takes advantage to hang the energy out there? I know its not a long range hitter (have a 257 Bee and a 300 Win Mag) but what loading combo would potentialize the 243 Winchester ??

243 Winchester 1:10 twist long range load

Oxymoron. But seriously, try any of the 100grBT's and find what works best. Your twist and vels are not best suited for the better BC bullets. I have used a few of the 100's at fair ranges and with good success.

These were my solution to a 1:9.125 twist 243 WIN. Better G1 than the 95/100gn Noslers.

How about the 95 gr Classic Hunter. Made to work in standard twist rifles.

How about the 95 gr Classic Hunter. Made to work in standard twist rifles.
Not totally stable in a 1-10 twist, needs a 1-9

Not totally stable in a 1-10 twist, needs a 1-9
My practical experience would agree, even if the Berger calculator claims they're both stable down to about the same speed. 1-10" is so marginal for 6mm heavies over 90gn that other factors can come into play. The 87gn VLDs have a much shorter (almost 1/3 less) bearing surface length compared to the 95gn classics and a shorter tail, I think that helped me get them faster than I could have gotten the 95s, and speed always helps. I could stabailize 100gn Interlocks, but 90gn ELD-Xs were all over the place.

I'm a big fan of the 243, but it's getting a 1-7" put on next month.

A Nosler 95gr ballistic tip was the heaviest I was able to get under MOA in a Tikka 1:10".
Both the 90gn and 95gn BTs shot well for me, FWIW. Nice bullets, I have a set loaded right now.

95 grains seems about max to stabilize, I guess a better question might have been, drop down to a Barnes 80 grain TTSX or drive a 90 grain Swift or Nosler A-bond as fast as possible. Past experience showed ho-hum accuracy with 100 grain ammo.