.243 ? Which bullet?

My bullet for deer in the .243 has always been the 100gr. Nosler Partition. It has never failed me yet and this is on big northern Missouri whitetails.

Your right on I have used the Partition in my .243, when l hunted the Yolla Bolly's in Northern California for Black Tails...............Never had one walk away. They are not as big as your Missouri Whitetails , a good buck will dress out at 135-140 But you are right its a great bullet in the .243

we have a Rem sp varmint that has never lost a deer with
Hornady 95 sst bullets
if you load ours loves R17 with the 95sst

I may be hunting in area 21 of Idaho next month..........................I was very impressed with the Barnes TSX Tipped 80gr on antelope last week that I just might try them on Deer .....................I hope that by the end of this month I will have my .243 AI back, its getting a face lift, new Pac Nor barrel, Jewell Trigger and having a new McMillian stock pillar beded................keeping my fingers crossed. I would like to shoot the 90gr Sciroccos or the Speer 100gr Grand Slam's. The SST are on my list as a Deer Bullet............................also. So many choices To bad I could not get four or five deer tags each year.

i have put a deer in the dirt with a 243 using a hollow point at arround 40 yards ,,but this year for my grandson i have loaded some 85 gr.barnes TSX and some hornady RNBT soft point..very accurate at 200 yard ..figure the barnes will be good for the high shoulder shot withe maybe passthru and the RN for the ole' ticker

Really?
That interests me, if i ever get over for an Elk hunt i was told i had to bring my 30-06, but i have loads more confidence in my .243
My favourite rifle is my Sako .243
I use a Speer 100grain with 40.4 grains of reloader 19.
Works a treat and i have taken everything from rabbits to big red deer stags.

Cheers
Richard

Did you use the Speer 100gr Grand Slam?? Has anyone used the 90gr Scirooco?

Greg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.