243 vs 308

Yep I'm kind of in love with my 260 rem lately.
I've heard it said that the 260 is what the 243 should have been.

Can't even imagine how happy you Creedmoor guys would be if you had a 6.5X47. Sorry I had to. It always gets left out.

Yep I agree. The little brother that basically will run with the Creed. From the speeds I see on here my R Bros 6.5X47 maybe out runs some of the Creedmoor's. I really like it. Don't know anyone that has a Creed, but I am sure it is a super nice round to shoot as well. My little X47 drivers a 130 Berger at 3000 fps. To me that's no slouch. Makes me laugh every time I look at that little case, and know what it will do.

Well for comparison my dad's has a 22 in barrel and he runs the 129 sst at 3007 fps. So with a 26in I'm sure he'd be smokin. I wouldn't know with my 26 in because I don't have much interest in 130s but I can push 140s at over 2900. But for now I'm shooting at 2840 because I can't shoot my rl-17 in the winter and that load shot sub .5 moa at 1000 so for me it's a winner. That and what's the sense in beating up my brass for another 60 fps.

Wow that's smokin in a 22" barrel. You certainly are getting good velocity. My X47 has a 26" Broughton. Takes 42.2 gr of H4350 to get me up to those velocities. No pressure signs at all. But like you, when it shoots that good why change it for a few fps.

Wow that's smokin in a 22" barrel. You certainly are getting good velocity. My X47 has a 26" Broughton. Takes 42.2 gr of H4350 to get me up to those velocities. No pressure signs at all. But like you, when it shoots that good why change it for a few fps.

He didn't have pressure signs but his brass didn't last long, primer pockets loosened up real quick. I think he was running 44.5 of rl-17 but I don't remember.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.