243 Tactical Match Reamer from PTG

azsugarbear

I have a 6mm barrel on order from Brux that will be arriving in 3-4 months. I've heard a lot of great stuff about PTG's reamer in 243 Tactical Match. Since this rifle is more a truck gun than LR rig, I will probably have a local BR smith knock it out for me. Will it be cheaper to buy the reamer and then resell it after the job, or should I just rent it? The cost of the reamer from PTG is $138 plus shipping. Renting is $36 plus shipping both ways. What does a used reamer sell for? Anybody know where I could pick up a used one in good condition? If I buy, which forum is best for selling the reamer? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I am in uncharted territory here.

Last edited:
I would say if you think your going to shoot this enough to possibly burn through a barrel buy the reamer and don't sell it. That way you will have the same reamer for the next chamber job.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.