.243 Suppressed?

Ghost7

Because the .243 has a modest decibel level and modest punch I was just curious what everyone's opinion is of adding a suppressor to this caliber? From what I have read there are accuracy advantages with the right can...what say he? Keep in mind my setup is a savage LRP .243. Would it benefit me to do this or not other than the coolness factor?

I started shooting suppressed about 6 months ago and it's hard to go back. I've since then threaded the majority of my rifles from 17 Hmr to 300 wsm. The convenience factor of being able to shoot without hearing protection especially with others around is worth it for me.

Other than hearing is there a measurable difference in improved accuracy?

Not that can be depended on.

Adding a can is just adding another variable to the whole system.

Your rifle may like a certain load without the can, but not with. And vice versa.

You may also have loads that group the same with and without.

My suppressor guy tells me you can see some improved accuracy on a factory rifle. I haven't played around with my factory rifles enough to prove this. I've used the suppressor the most on my custom 22250 and 243 AI and as my suppressor guy stated it's not going to improve on a quarter minute gun. Another bonus that can improved perceived accuracy is reduced recoil. The biggest problem I have with them is it makes shooting my 300 rather pleasant which can be hard on the pocket book!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.