.243 rem 700 with 24" bull bbl and 100 gr speer btsp

petasucks

hello everyone im workn on a 243 for a good friend of mine and i wanna set him up with a good deer round and a good ground hog round.my idea for the deer round ia a speer 100 gr btsp over varget or 100v i already have some varget so prob start with that,the ground hog round will be a 62 gr barnes grenade over h380. has anyone else had good or bad luck with either one of these combos. thanks in advance for any advice you all can provide to cut down on trial an error testing-Johnl

i would use a varget , i4064 or h-4350. 100btsp, and a 68 grain berger. or 70 nosler baltip.

the prob is i already have the 62 barnes bullets . i agree withh using the varger its good stuff in the .308s im hoping for the same results out of this .243 thanks -john

I was unable to get the Varmint Grenades to shoot worth a darn out of my 700 ADL. I tried two different powders which I can't remember off the top of my head. I had the same problem with them in .204 Ruger. I have given up on them in my guns. For varmint I am using the 55gr Nosler ballistic tips. They seem to shoot well out of my rifle out to 200 yards so far.

I have had great results with 58 gr v max and 100 grain speers with H4895 in my nephews 243. He has done the deed from deer to Yotes with both.

The 100 grain speers didn't group well for me went with Hornady and am super happy. Nosler 55 grainers work awesome for me and am trying out the Hornady 58 grainers to see if they do any better as they are easier to find where I live.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts