243 powder?

I use RL26 for 243.

I don't have access to my load/chrono data at the moment. As I recall, I got the load data off the Alliant Powder website.

What I recall of my load at present is:
100 gr Nosler Partition
Winchester brass
Federal primer

I was pleased with accuracy and speed. I will try to give more specifics when I am home tonight.

Just picked up a 243 Ruger in 9 twist, 22" barrel. Hope to cover about 500yds with it. Thinking 95 gr Berger classic as a start bullet.
What powders work with the round best? Thinking of RL16. Have a lot of RL26 anyone try it in 243? Have a lot of H4831sc.
Reloader 15

My best load when I had one (an NEF Handi-Rifle) was a 100gr Partition over a full case (I don't remember exactly how much that was) of IMR 4831. It didn't work well for the 70gr BTs, so I would go a step faster if you ever load lighter bullets. I would definitely give that H4831SC a shot if I had another one.

I've recently switched to Reloder 17 for my 243. I have a 700 BDL with a 22" barrel. I really like the 95 grain weights for that round. According to my Ballistic program, I'm running 95gr MatchKings and 95gr ballistic tips at around 2950 with 40.0 grains of the R17, and for my rifle, it's very accurate. I believe it's close to the same burn rate at H4350.

Last edited:
If you can find it in your area i have been working with Shooters world Precision powder with 90 eldx and getting 1 inch so far still working on seating depth to get a little more out of it if possible. This is supposed to be equal to Varget according to their info. IMR4895 has done very well with this bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.