243 powder ? Which one from my inventory?

Sounds like your bank account is as active as your trigger finger!
I don't shoot that much now. Shortages etc put a hamper on that. Only shot 1500ish this year so far and no matches. Mainly just mountain and positional training but I really enjoy working on stuff like that anyway. Quality vs quantity.

Do you understand that those are lapau cases running the small primer and small primer hole? I don't run a small primer and hole and don't know many hunters who do. So, you have a valid point but in this example the range for the use is very narrow but also quite valid.
We can discuss the relationship between hunting and sport shooting in say, 32*F temperature. Hopefully we'll agree that the rifle/ammo doesn't know which one it is doing. Also the discussion and my point is on primers not the merits of lapua brass and it's flash hole. I frequently hunt with both lapua and other brands such as Peterson and alpha brass; in both 223 win, 6CM and 6.5CM; all SRP. I've never had one Magnum failure to fire. EVER !!! But I thought I'd not mention in my original post as I thought the published data would hold mote water. I have had failed non magnum primers though. Several actually. This is not to say it can't happen, but it hasn't with me. I now exclusively use magnum primer with hunting loads. Ironically not with bench rest as I don't have enough magnum primers due to reloading shortages. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll leave you with this understanding. Others who chose not to use CCI 450 were also using lapua brass with SRP and smaller flash holes.

We can discuss the relationship between hunting and sport shooting in say, 32*F temperature. Hopefully we'll agree that the rifle/ammo doesn't know which one it is doing. Also the discussion and my point is on primers not the merits of lapua brass and it's flash hole. I frequently hunt with both lapua and other brands such as Peterson and alpha brass; in both 223 win, 6CM and 6.5CM; all SRP. I've never had one Magnum failure to fire. EVER !!! But I thought I'd not mention in my original post as I thought the published data would hold mote water. I have had failed non magnum primers though. Several actually. This is not to say it can't happen, but it hasn't with me. I now exclusively use magnum primer with hunting loads. Ironically not with bench rest as I don't have enough magnum primers due to reloading shortages. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll leave you with this understanding. Others who chose not to use CCI 450 were also using lapua brass with SRP and smaller flash holes.
I run large primer on any standard case and have not seen any significant difference in sd or accuracy. That's just me. Magnum primers are known to have better capability in cold temps, that's true. Having said that, I've not had a single primer of any sort in 10 years not fire properly. I rarely use magnum primers have tested both in cold temps here in Idaho. They seem to give similar performance in my tests with the magnum needing slightly less powder to get same fps and sd

Recent Posts