243 ladder test h4350 help

I think there are a couple of different ladder and OCW methods that sound similar but are based on different logic and look for different things. The two biggest differences is harmonics and muzzle exit timing, and the other is velocity nodes. They are related and similar, but different. And I see people chiming in here coming from these two different logic chains assuming the guy they are responding to is looking for the same thing.

The OP might be better served if he clarified for the audience which of the two he's looking for.

The problem is the sample size for es often is too small, same with accuracy, it takes repeatable groups that start to indicate accuracy and es, and a large es will show up on target at lr, so accuracy is simply what I always go for and a bad es may be a symptom for poor accuracy

What is a large E.S.? For 500 and under you can get away with alot more, further it out it starts mattering more I still pay alot more attention to my targets, I look more at the chrono to know were my velocity is to start test my drops on a new load.

What is a large E.S.? For 500 and under you can get away with alot more, further it out it starts mattering more I still pay alot more attention to my targets, I look more at the chrono to know were my velocity is to start test my drops on a new load.
Greater than 1/2 moa at 1000, so 20-30fps maybe I don't know. I haven't found es is linked to load development but reloading process, bullet and chambering you're using. Wby can be finicky, yet 7828 seems to chuck them out even at long range with consistency.
if conditions are good and my vertical exceeds my expected accuracy potential of the load then I try changing something

The reason I ask the question is I here people talk about high E.S, O.K what do they consider high nobody seems to put a number on it.
If you put a number on it say 20 or 30 E.S is to high at 1,000 but your shooting. 5 m.o.a what do you do change your load?

The reason I ask the question is I here people talk about high E.S, O.K what do they consider high nobody seems to put a number on it.
If you put a number on it say 20 or 30 E.S is to high at 1,000 but your shooting. 5 m.o.a what do you do change your load?
If I had fully prepped brass and not taken any shortcuts, then I would swap powder or primer depending on what I had available and test that. If neither worked worked then I would question how consistent the B.C. of the bullet is

Ok. L Sherm, Remingtonman, fisherman; I'm sure the OP is looking for some education here, and now you guys have completely piqued my curiosity with your apparent agreement. Unless I've misunderstood some of your posts.

Will you please explain how the OP's 4,5,6 presents a potentially more accurate (down range) CW / velocity node than 7,8? I just don't see it being likely to work out. All ears here...

I think there are a couple of different ladder and OCW methods that sound similar but are based on different logic and look for different things. The two biggest differences is harmonics and muzzle exit timing, and the other is velocity nodes. They are related and similar, but different. And I see people chiming in here coming from these two different logic chains assuming the guy they are responding to is looking for the same thing.

The OP might be better served if he clarified for the audience which of the two he's looking for.
That's the problem, I think he's looking for everything and all the great advice he's getting will further his efforts going forwards in all these areas.

You improve your reloading techniques. ES is mainly an indicator of how consistently the same your reloads are. That consistency is determined by many seemingly insignificant details all added together to generate your ES. If every single detail of your rounds is exactly the same from one round to the next, you will have low ES. And at the same time as you achieve that extremely low ES, you could find you still don't have an accurate recipe for your barrel.

Just 20 years of analyzing targets I guess...An uneducated unscientific guess, but that's where I'd start lol. It's the vertical/velocity/accuracy all together, a nice node. Not sure how to explain it anymore than that.

Ok. L Sherm, Remingtonman, fisherman; I'm sure the OP is looking for some education here, and now you guys have completely piqued my curiosity with your apparent agreement. Unless I've misunderstood some of your posts.

Will you please explain how the OP's 4,5,6 presents a potentially more accurate (down range) CW / velocity node than 7,8? I just don't see it being likely to work out. All ears here...
Read post #3,15 and 19.
2 shot groups your on the bottom or top of a node, every powder is temp sensitive to some degree so it can easily be .2-.3 worth of powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.