.243 bullet recommendation

Guess he's going to be waiting a bit for the carbon 6 barrel so we stuck my savage 12fv 6.5 creedmoor takeoff barrel on it to see how everything works. Really think it's going to look good with the carbon 6 barrel. Ridiculous how good this savage takeoff barrel shoots. Might have to play with the seating a smidge but the range I shoot at has a bench I can setup my summit if need be. He's waiting on a bipod and the little rail. Only see the 108 Hornady available. I've heard the 80's hold up to the speed/twist and no exit? Hopefully get some feedback on the 22 creed 90vld's at longer ranges pretty soon. Evidently fishing is more important at the moment lol

Attachments

• 6099760A-3593-4431-955D-AD4A6A20D9ED.jpeg
    6099760A-3593-4431-955D-AD4A6A20D9ED.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
I don't know if I've been lucky but the 108 eldm has always entered with a pinhole and never exited … just jello's the inside .
You've been lucky. I've shot a pile of them with that bullet in my 6mm arc and it looks like a horror movie. Furs here are useless, so I don't care, but it makes a mess imo.

Shot the 87 gn. Vmax for years at 3400 FPS out of .243 A.I. And have killed lots of coyotes! I would not call it fur friendly at all! 6-7" exits sometimes. Just recently started using the 70gn. Nosler Varmagetton in my 6DTI AR platform at 3000fps and I can honestly say, it kills quicker than the 87 and the bullet has not exited yet. Every coyote has been dead right there, no runners Buddy is using the same nosler bulletin his 6mm creedmoor and has had the same results. When I'm out of 87 vmax's I will be trying that nosler in the .243