243 AI load data

ackleyit

Hey all, I just picked up my 243 a I that I had my gunsmith build for me. It has a 1-8 Krieger on a model 700 action. Anyone work up anything for the 105 vld's and the hybrid target bullets?? Im breaking it in and fire forming with some factory stuff but I'm getting eager to stretch its legs. Any help on this will be appreciated

Anyone work up anything for the 105 vld's on the target or hunting bullets. I have the same ? just diff bullets thanks.

In my 243ai I had good results with h1000 and rl22. Fed210m primers. I can check some notes but I was using lapua brass. A quick ladder test once you have formed brass would be easy.

I use 105 Hunting VLDs in my 243AI.
I use 39.5 gr H1000, and shoot the low velocity accuracy node at 2850fps
I BN coat my bullets and use Federal 210 primers, Lapua brass.

You can shoot the 105s at 3200 fps no problem. But my barrel is getting close to 1000 rounds, so I'm taking it easy.

I'd say start at 44.5 and work up with the 4831sc. My 243 win shot good around 44.9, so your AI will be fine starting there.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.