243 AI info

In the standard 243 Win the Barnes web site says H4350 is their most accurate powder also showing fastest velocity w/45.5 max load at 3398fps.

I shoot a 243AI custom and usually 2-3 grain of powder over max for standard case is max for the AI as rule of thumb.

With the 85 grain bullets the 4350 powders gave me the best results in my standard 243. I only shoot the heavy's in my AI. If I was to shoot the 80-85's in the AI would definitely try shooting 4350.

In 2 other rifle that I shoot the Barnes TTSX in I have found the Barnes loads to be quite accurate.

Thanks a bunch!!! I think I'm going to try some Re 17 since that is pretty close to Imr 4350 and then i will try some H4350. Let you know how it turns out.:D

Well tried the r 17 powder in the 243 ai and it is to fast a powder for the 87 gr. bthp by hornaday( decided to go with that bullet since it basically outperforms the 80 grain because of the higher bc.) We tried r19 which there was no velocity. Also tried r 22 and it didn't work. Tried some magpro and it shows some promise. Started at 51gr and worked up to 53 gr with room for improvement. Has anybody tried Hybrid 100v from hodgen with this bullet selection.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.