2400 Sig range finder

Martin@Hin

Hello everybody.
I like to hear from you what our opinion is on this range finder (2400 Sig) , the quality and service from Sig.
I like the reviews and seriously considering buying one .
This thing is around $2000 Canadian.
I tried to buy a Sig scope a while back but it didn't go anywhere ,I waited for it for 6 to 7 mnds and finally gave up and reversed the order for a Leupold.
My question is how reliable are they and most of all how is there warrenty/service department?
Thank you for your input
Martin

My Sig 2400ABS has been reliable, ergo, I don't know what Sig's service or warranty department is like. I know their CS for their guns is quite good so I can only imagine the same is true of their electronic products. I like the distance capabilities and I really like the integrated ballistics calculations, you just lase, dial, and shoot. Coming from a Zeiss range finder the glass leaves a bit to be desired, that is my only gripe. Definitely worth it, and certainly one of the best values for the features.

My Sig 2400ABS has been reliable, ergo, I don't know what Sig's service or warranty department is like. I know their CS for their guns is quite good so I can only imagine the same is true of their electronic products. I like the distance capabilities and I really like the integrated ballistics calculations, you just lase, dial, and shoot. Coming from a Zeiss range finder the glass leaves a bit to be desired, that is my only gripe. Definitely worth it, and certainly one of the best values for the features.
Thank you Sir for your reply.

I've used one for over two years, it's been very reliable. I use it attached to a small monopod for stability at longer ranges. Battery life has been good.

I have one and love it. However, it did fail and quit ranging. I had a Sig 2000 do the same thing. In both cases Sig took care of the problem and sent me brand new units at NO CHARGE. Sig has a great warranty but you may have to use it. That being said I still have the 2400AB and I still love it. As far as the functionality, it's very accurate with the DOPE readings as I will check it regularly against my Kestrel and AB APP. I use it every week sometimes several times a week. It will have an issue in VERY cold weather. In Canada a couple of years ago in single digit temps it was a little picky.

I have one and love it. However, it did fail and quit ranging. I had a Sig 2000 do the same thing. In both cases Sig took care of the problem and sent me brand new units at NO CHARGE. Sig has a great warranty but you may have to use it. That being said I still have the 2400AB and I still love it. As far as the functionality, it's very accurate with the DOPE readings as I will check it regularly against my Kestrel and AB APP. I use it every week sometimes several times a week. It will have an issue in VERY cold weather. In Canada a couple of years ago in single digit temps it was a little picky.
Thanks Doc,I am still inclined to go that way,being a small unit it will be tucked away under heavy clothing making probably ok for ranging the question would be would the unit remember the distance reading while it acclimatized for the ballistic info?
Or can one put in the distance in manually since I always carry my
Older Leica range finder binoculars?
I have to admit I am more concerned about customer service here in Canada my first run in with them here was not good.
I think they have bigger fish to fry .lol
Thanks again Martin

Seen them in the 8-900 range used or if you have a Cabelas you can get points for one They are very nice and compact Lots guys on long range only use them I had a terrapin early one dropped and $1500 quote to look at for fix. Paper weight because I got the Sig

I have one, and I love it however mine is finicky when it is really cold. Had it on a late season cow hunt with my daughter this past year and right at the critical time it started acting wonky. Giving me whacked out readings it was -5F though. Otherwise it has been great. I would definitely buy another.

I also read a lot about it and finally ordered it for myself just the day before yesterday! I'm waiting for it to be delivered to me with impatience. After the run-in, I will tell you my opinion about it!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.