230 bergers

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 63
I have used the 230 hybrids on well over 20 kills so far. Ranging from as close as 285 Yards to as far out as 1135 yards. The results have been impressive to say the least. In almost every situation the bullet has entered, created a ton of static shock inside the core, then passed through even Elk size animals. Most of the time the exit hole is approx 2", and there has been so much blood splatter on the exit side, that if you walk up to your animal not paying attention, you will end up quite the bloody mess before your knife even comes out!

With a B.C. this high, and the velocity a good RUM can push them, this bullet has to be on everyone's radar right now! Even a die hard Lapua shooter like myself has to really look at the potential of this bullet...

Thanks Durak,
I was just wanting to see what others are getting. I am getting just over 2800 with Retumbo in my factory 26" barrel with quite good accuracy. 3000 is possible but I don't want to push too hard. A longer COAL nearer the lands with the factory freebore seems to allow a lot of potential for more velocity without too much pressure.

are you guys running the published G7? Mine seems to be .001 higher around 2930. I thought the BC would not vary much using a G7. I just started with this bullet not long ago. Initially it looks promising about 1/2 MOA. I cant get it to mag length in my RUM. Way too much jump. It bucks the wind like mad. I changed a scope out am having to learn the hard way check your clicks even if you think you had. Little more on em before I make a go. Gotta get the scope figured out as well as a couple more 1000 yd groups. Again though from a wind standpoint WOW. I have been spoiled by em in 75 rouds I gotta find a way to make em work.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.