• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

22LR Bolt Rifle

Blacktail

Looking for a 22lr bolt gun for my son. Hes been shooting my Rem 541-t and to be honest I want to shoot more too so he needs his own. I wish could find a LH model but I know that wont happen. Was leaning toward a CZ or a Ruger or even another 541-T. thanks

found a LH 452 but here they are discontinued? also here tikka now may have a bolt 22 in LH?

found a LH 452 but here they are discontinued? also here tikka now may have a bolt 22 in LH?

The 452's are discontinued but highly sought after (I have 2 CZ 452's, both tack drivers). Very good model and CZ makes quality rifles. Probably be able to shoot it and pass down to his son someday.

If anything less than $400 snatch it up b/c the prices on 452's aren't getting any cheaper since out of production.

Don't know your budget but I would recommend the Zephyr from Steyr. I am a left hand shooter and I find using bolt action rifles that I prefer the right hand action vs the left hand action. With the right hand action I can maintain my sight picture and cheek weld while operating the action and loading it and than firing without having to move my head and my trigger finger is already resting next to the trigger.

I agree and thought the same for him his biggest issue is just carrying etc had a RH 6.5 saum loved it but carrying it around in the woods bolt jabbing him the side and at one time wiggled open

Recent Posts